jmarkc's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Tuesday, November 28th, 2023 5:23 PM

Closed

qualified equipment list

If one acquires a sealed X1 box and remote that Xfinity ships to consumers, and it never was installed, in another account or stolen, can Xfinity add the serial number to their database so it can be installed? Since it is the same model, Xg2v2-p or PX022anm that is shipped to new customers it must meet the requirements for models on the qualified equipment list so it seem there must be a way of adding it so one can install on a TV. I suppose the manufacturer of those boxes for Xfinity decided to sell some of the boxes on the side.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

10 months ago

That is a great question @jmarkc All equipment is owned by Xfinity. Any cable boxes or modems that belong to Xfinity should be returned to Xfinity and should not be sold to a third party. If you bought a box from another person or website I suggest returning the device back to that person to get your payment back. If we try to attach the equipment to an account the monthly charge would also be added to the account since no one other than Xfinity can own that equipment. 

Are you currently a cable subscriber with Xfinity? The links: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-app-faqs and https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs would assist you with questions regarding your Samsung Smart TV but I will include the information below as well. 

The Xfinity Stream app is available on the following Samsung Smart TVs:

• 2023 TVs.
  • 2022 TVs.
  • 2021 TVs.
  • 2020 TVs (no minimum software version) All QLED and UHD Models.
  • 2019 TVs (no minimum software version).
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2AKUC 1131.9.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2LAKUC 1131.9.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSUAKUC.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSNAKUC 1131.9.

The Xfinity Stream app is no longer available on 2017 Samsung TVs. 

Follow these steps to determine your Samsung TV model and software version:

1. Make sure your Samsung Smart TV is connected to the internet.
  2. Press the Smart Hub button on your Smart Control remote to go to the Samsung Home screen.
  3. Scroll to and select the Settings icon (gear to the right).
  4. Arrow down to Support.
  5. Arrow right, then down, then select About this TV.
  6. From here, you'll see the Model CodeSerial NumberSoftware Version, etc.

Next, follow these steps to add the Xfinity Stream app to your compatible Samsung Smart TV:

1. Make sure your Samsung Smart TV is connected to the internet.
  2. Press the Smart Hub button on your Smart Control remote to go to the Samsung Home screen.
  3. Scroll to and select Apps.
  4. Select the Magnifying Glass icon.
  5. Enter Xfinity Stream using the on-screen keyboard and select Done.
  6. Select the Xfinity Stream app and then choose Download.
  7. Once installation is complete, select Open to start using the Xfinity Stream app.
  8. When asked, register your device and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Yes I am a current Diamond subscriber and am trying to stop the excessive nickle and diming Xfinity is unleashing upon its subscribers. My credit card payment method lost 5%, INSP is now a $10 premium 'Sports' channel, and the set top boxes that used to go for 2.50, then 5.00, then $10 are now $9 that cannot be interchanged to another tv not near cable outlet. And I haven't even mentioned the outrageous fees being paid to local TV broadcasters. Anyway, I thought since the unit was sealed and had no serial number on the database that it would not be stolen or another subscriber's, and that since it would meet the qualified list requirements it would be allowed as a customer owned box. I believe it probably came from the maker in China. So I will return and continue using my ROKU sticks since my  2017 TV no longer can download the streaming app. Thanks for saving me another call to help install. If the pricing continues to increase I will just use my outdoor antenna to receive broadcasts to my airtv2 that converts to wifi signal for the local content. Too bad the xfinity set top boxes don't work that way instead of attached coax.

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@jmarkc I see where you're coming from but at this time no, no Xfinity branded boxes can be added unless we rent them. We don't sell them or add them on as owned equipment. I can definitely understand your frustration with Insp, we evaluate our lineup frequently and as a result that was moved out of core packages to keep core packages cheaper, this is a common practice as are box fees and broadcast tv fees. 

I'll submit all that feedback for you to ensure your voice is heard. If you want to look at lowering your rate we just need your full name and address in a direct message to get started.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

I am good to go for now as I have mitigated the set top box fee by using my Roku streaming plus sticks and will simply discontinue the sports package as soon as the football season ends. I have viewed most all episodes of gunsmoke on INSP, and am turned off on pro sports because of the gambling now permitted in them. Perhaps someday I can mitigate the rising broadcast fees by using my antenna with the airtv2. But I cannot foresee Xfinity separating the broadcast channels from the packages like Sling has done. So I will have to somehow look for another way to mitigate that (retirees have it tough with no increases in retirement pay so they have to hold the line on expenses).

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for that update @jmarkc If you have any additional questions you can reach out to the Digital Care Team at any time as we are here for your convenience. We are a digital team dedicated to assisting customers with all aspects of their account needs from troubleshooting together to billing inquiries and more. We are available over Xfinity Forums 7 days a week between 6:00 am - 12:00 am EST. Please have a safe and healthy weekend! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here