K

Thursday, April 25th, 2024 7:24 PM

Problems with youtube and Vevo music videos apps

Hi, I had a question about the youtube and Vevo apps. I've been having problems with them for several months, and they're not getting any better. For instance, the youtube app, the one that you can watch on your tv, it used to play fine, but let's say I watch a four or five-minute video, no matter who the artist is or how good/bad the quality is, towards the end it will start to freeze/skip at the same place, towards the end. Even if I watch a clip that's an hour or longer, the last minute/30 seconds will start to freeze & skip. Is anyone else having this problem?  I've tried resetting my box, deleting the browser history but to no avail. I've even tried calling xfinity, but it's like pulling teeth to get anyone to answer the phone. The recording suggests refreshing the system, but I've already done that multiple times. When I finally get someone on the line, nothing they suggest works. They also offer to call you back, but never do that. Also, I'm having problems with the Vevo music videos app. I will pick an artist, no matter who the artist is, and will try to play one or some of the videos for that artist on the app. However, most of the videos won't play. You click on the video, and it won't play, or you'll hear the video but no picture. This has been going on for months. The last time I did a chat they told me something along the lines of they will get someone to refresh or fix the problem, but it never happens. Also, they offer a callback, yet no one calls me back. I'm tired of this poor service I've been getting from xfinity. When I did the chat, they did offer to give me a new box, but we have two boxes, and both boxes have the youtube & Vevo problems. We recently tried to call xfinity after we had more problems with the youtube app, and they hung up on us. We pay almost 200 dollars a month for cable, and we get this poor treatment? Any advice/help would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

5 months ago

Hi there, @kissfreak1975-  and thank you for reaching out to us here on Xfinity Forums! I'm truly sorry to hear that you have been having this issue with your Apps. I would love to assist you with finding a resolution. Have you already attempted troubleshooting via the Xfinity My Account app? This will help to send a refresh signal to your cable boxes that is different from simply unplugging them and plugging them back in.-Richard

5 Messages

Hi XfinityRichard,

Thanks for responding. I've unplugged my box numerous times, I've tried deleting the history every time I go into youtube, I even tried something that the agent recommended when I finally got through to xfinity, he told me about the locally stored data section, I've tried all that, but nothing works. I'm still having the skipping problem with youtube as well as the problem with the videos on vevo. I'm getting tired of this. We've had to replace our box several times, and it's a hardship finding a location to bring it back. I wasn't sure if I had to return just the box, or the plug and remote, too. I'll probably have to do that or have someone come to my house, unless you have any ideas. Any help would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you, @kissfreak1975-  thank you for trying those troubleshooting steps. Let's get your account pulled up, this maybe something that we would need to get a higher repair ticket for. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here