U

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Wed, Apr 7, 2021 1:02 PM

POWER SAVER mode will NOT turn off

I see others have asked the same question bt no answers. How can I turn off the Power saving mode on the X1? Even though it says its off, my TV still goes into power saving mode. Why does XFINITY care if its on or not. My Wife and I are TV fanatics and have to have the TV on during the night. When it goes in to the power saving mode it wakes us up. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Reminder is also a joke. Other cable companies have reminders that turn the station for you but XFINITY just has a pop-up. Doesn't help during the night.

Seems like XFINITY is behind in technology.

Responses

ComcastAlyssa

Official Employee

• 

203 Messages

2 m ago

Good morning @ and thank you so much for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our forums page! My husband and I leave the TV on during the night as well so I can understand your frustration! I have included the following link with instruction on how to manage your power preferences on X1. Please let us know if you continue to experience troubles with this or have any further questions or concerns. :)

https://comca.st/3dGL1qG

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 m ago

This process DOE NOT WORK. I am trying to turn it off. It says its off but still goes into sleep mode after 4 hours. There has to be a way to remove this!

Official Employee

• 

207 Messages

There are two modes for your TV Box when there has been no activity for four hours. Power Saver Mode, which conserves your power, and Nap Mode, which does not save power. Your TV Box will automatically go into Nap Mode after four hours of inactivity if you do not have Power Saver on. At this time, there is no way to turn off Nap Mode. Please click here to our FAQ. If you need any further help, please feel free to reach out at anytime! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
jav6joev

Bronze Problem Solver

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m ago

@user_f1588d  What make/model TV do you have?  Are you sure the TV doesn't have a setting that puts it into sleep mode after 4 hrs?

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 m ago

This would be great to be able to have the X1 box on all the time with out going into NAP or SLEEP mode.  I do not understand why you would have it goto NAP or SLEEP mode after 4 hours. I know this frustrates many people.   Another MAJOR isuue is the REMIND issue. IT would much more benificial to CHANGE the channel when the times up. Other cable companies have this feature. I have been a software developer for the past 20 years, I know whats involved and its not that difficult

Official Employee

• 

207 Messages

I will be sure to pass along all your feedback, as I feel both of these features would be a great addition to our amazing X1 Platform. If you ever need help in the future, please feel free to reach out. 

New to the Community?

Start Here