sandpiper2319's profile

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Fri, Sep 17, 2021 4:46 AM

Power saver does not shut off

@xfinityAldrick

The links you gave have already been posted here and if you read through the posts you will find that they did not resolve anything for anyone.  They focus more on turning the "features" on rather than off.

Bottom line is that I have power saver OFF and after 4 hours of not interacting with the box I get the "are you there?" message with an option to "manage power saver settings" and if I do not respond, for some reason the box goes into screensaver mode rather than powering down.  In fact the link about the screensaver says that it cannot be disabled.

If I want to have a channel on for four hours, watching several programs on that channel for the four hour period I should be able to without having to respond to an electronic box.

Comcast seems to want to ignore the fact that we are paying customers 

I have been a comcast customer for over 35 years.  It is sad that I will now have to severe ties because Comcast has decided it wants to control how customers use their cable service by Interrerupting their viewing.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

240 Messages

2 m ago

I am so sorry that you are so frustrated! We definitely don't want you to feel so upset! If you haven't seen this link, https://comca.st/3tNqKXU, I would suggest you give this one last chance and let me know if this works for you or not, @sandpiper2319

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityJosephB 

This link has already been provided and just explains what power saver mode is and how to turn it on.  I turn it off and it is still on.

The paragraph on HDMI cables does nothing for me as I have an older TV and do connect through HDMI cables

Official Employee

• 

240 Messages

f you get to the Power Saver mode, can you press ok again to see if it turns off? That is point 5 in the document. You can also DM me if you would like, and this way we can share screen shots as well if you need to. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I can get it to be set to "off".  The problem is that it behaves as if it were "on"

Official Employee

• 

240 Messages

I see what you are saying, thank you for confirming that for me! If you put it off and you reboot the box, does that do anything for you? I want to rule out some basic things and we can always go from there. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

It stays marked "off" but does not change anything

New to the Community?

Start Here