ccolli12's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 23rd, 2024 5:28 PM

Closed

Please add an option to schedule a manual recording and let you record earlier than 2 minutes, options here please

i have a scheduled recording and when it starts at the designated time, the program is in the middle.  Even saying to start 2 minutes earlier means i miss most of it..  could you consider letting recording start 5, 10, even 30 minutes earlier. Longer than the 2 minutes max you can start early now on your x1 DVR recording. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

7 months ago

@ccolli12 thank you for your feedback. We will be happy to pass this over to our engineers. If you are seeing your program start in the middle of the show that would be something the network is doing and something we have no power to control, but we still appreciate your feedback. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Yes, understood that you have no control over the time something is shown.  And just to be clear( as i'm not sure my request was ) i'd like to either be able to manually record or with the existing record options start up to maybe 30 minutes earlier like you can manually adjust ending a recording.   

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you ccolli12. That is a pretty common request, you can easily engage a recording in real time without schedule. The pre roll and post roll for a recording is something I normally will set up for sporting events that might have that roll over time. I included a great link here below that breaks down the full overview of the Xfinity DVR system. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-overview

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here