U

Sunday, June 16th, 2024 12:29 PM

pixilated TV screen

We have intermittent "ghost" images from previous screens that carry over into the current screen. We also have intermittent pixilated breakup of motion on our screen. I've spent numerous half hours with text chat that always end with something along the lines of "Your problem is fixed.  Thank you for contacting Xfinity support." But the problem isn't fixed. I finally got to a person yesterday and an appointment was scheduled Monday between 3 and 5 to fix the problem or replace the TV box we rent from Xfinity. Then my wife got an email saying "Your problem is fixed. Your appointment has been cancelled." But the problem isn't fixed! We had the same issues, still intermittent, after we received the email. Getting a person to talk to seems impossible. What should we do next?

Not a fan 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

@user_ev4nzm Thank you for reaching out to us on our Xfinity Forums for help! We offer a ton of information and support here. I'm sorry that you have been having an issue with the picture on your TV, that it's been difficult to contact anyone and the most that we canceled the appointment without the issue being resolved. Having the ongoing issue and finally thinking that you found help only to be cancelled can leave a person feeling hopeless. Please don't, we can help! I can set up a new appointment for us, or I can ship a new cable box, or for same day equipment you can bring the cable box to the Xfinity store, and they can exchange it for us. Do you only have cable service to one TV or are you seeing this issue on other TV's as well? 

5 Messages

Only one tv. We exchanged the TV box yesterday and are no longer experiencing problems. It is a shame that simple solution was not suggested initially.

Not a fan 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

user_ev4nzm We're always looking for ways to improve as a company, and getting valuable feedback on where we can improve is helpful. Our goal is to make each interaction as effortles as possible, and offering the box swap option could have made the experience better for you. 

Great to hear that exchanging the TV box solved the issue! Sometimes the simplest solutions make all the difference. Glad everything's working smoothly now. I do like to ensure that the issue doesn't return in the future, and can check back in with later in the week. 

- Does that work for you? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Unfortunately, after 24 hours, we discovered our problem is not resolved. While the new box helped for a little while, we returned to the same problem, at least as bad as it has been. We managed to arrange another tech visit for this afternoon, 1-3 pm. Over the weekend I went to every connection I could access and tightened them all. There were three in the little cabinet on the side of our house. There is also a little cabinet with a security screw I do not have a driver that fits. We are still experiencing the same problem but "less", I think. I'm very curious to see what the tech finds this afternoon.

Not a fan 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_ev4nzm How did the tech visit go? What the technician able to resolve the issue you've been experiencing?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here