U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 2nd, 2024 11:17 PM

Pixelation

I've been experiencing pixelation of the only TV we have the household after Xfinity did service to "upgrade the network" in the area.  While inconvenient, we managed.  Now, the TV is pixelating very badly.  I've done all of the troubleshooting pro tips - check the cables, refresh the system, reboot TV box AND modem.  Nothing has worked.  The neighborhood I live in is relatively new and have had service for a little more than year.  It's been a very frustrating experience.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I think a tech should come out, however, I can't even send an email for tech support and I do NOT want to spend hours on the phone with CSRs who are reading off scripts.  I know Xfinity is aware of this issue in other areas and I want a resolution.

1 Message

13 days ago

I was having the same issue all weekend.  ABC was almost unwatchable Saturday.   Last night trying to watch the BC-FSU game on ESPN, same thing maybe even worse.  I had a tech scheduled for this morning and got a text canceling it.  When I call in today, I got sent to chat and that CSR said the tech will be here today.  Frustrating.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_r5zruf Good morning! We appreciate you reaching out to our Community Forums Team for your TV experience. I can see how this would be frustrating for sure. I'm glad you were able to get a technician scheduled to take a look. Please keep us posted on the outcome. We look forward to hearing back from you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

12 days ago

Hello, @user_d6c059. Thank you for reaching our team on Forums. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be to experience pixelation issues. We appreciate you attempting some troubleshooting steps to try and get the issue resolved. Are you experiencing pixelation on all channels and multiple boxes or just one?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thank you for your reply.  I have just the one box and it's all regular channels.  However, I have Netflix, Paramount+ and Amazon video and it doesn't appear to affect these paid channels. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

We appreciate the further clarification, user_d6c059. We will certainly get to the bottom of this! The Live channels have trouble but the apps are good. Do you connect to the TV to the TV box with an HDMI cord? Do you have any devices hooked up between the TV and the TV box? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

10 days ago

Exact same issue. PGE lost power as did Xfinity a few weeks ago. Have had the issue ever since. Tried everything. Only live tv. All apps work fine

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_b57fc0 Hello! thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We'll be happy to look into the pixelating issue you're having. Please send a Direct Message with your full name and address. Here are instructions on how to send a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

10 days ago

We are outside the West Palm Beach area, and our pixelation started about the time we got rain bands from what became Hurricane Debby.  Had lots of rains ongoing the two weeks afterwards.  Still getting pixelation on most channels.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, we are happy to help. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. Please include if you see any issues with the cable lines outside or any troubleshooting that you have tried so far. 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here