U

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, May 31st, 2024 9:33 PM

pixelation

Pixelation every night occurs between 10 pm to 11 pm, then stays; this applies to local channels ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX13, The Weather Channel, etc.  Other cable channels appear to have no issues.  Then in the morning everything is fine.  Re-set and Refresh from our end does nothing.  But whatever services Xfinity does overnight obviously fixes the problem.

This has happened before a couple of years ago and eventually Xfinity fixed THEIR problem.  It had nothing to do with our cables, cable boxes, or modem.  They cannot explain away that it only happens at a particular time every night with excuses.

Our issue is that not only do we not have access to these channels at night when we want them but that we are paying for no service on these channels.   If this is not resolved quickly, I will then have to contact the City of Seattle regarding this issue.  We, as Cable Customers, have rights in the City of Seattle that this problem would be applicable to.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

4 months ago

user_f1f2fd Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear about the pixelation issues you have been experiencing. I know it can be frustrating. You mentioned rebooting the device did not help. Thanks for trying that. Did you check the coaxial connection on both ends as well (Wall plate and TV box)? Are there any splitters in the connection? We want to make sure the coaxial connection is tight and if you have a splitter, let's remove it and see if that helps with the issue. Let us know if that makes any difference. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I apologize that I did not reply earlier; the response went to an email address I rarely check.  Nevertheless, a service tech came out and confirmed we were getting signals at all connections.  He changed the cable and the wall plate just the same.  He checked the splitter while doing this.  This appeared to fix some of the channels, but not all, temporarily on both tvs.  It lasted one night.  The pixelation disappearing the week before, for one night, happened randomly without us doing anything, which is why I thought it could not be a hardware problem. 

The next option the service tech suggested was to exchange the boxes for newer versions that connect with WiFi.  Just plug and play.

I exchanged the boxes yesterday at the Xfinity store; last night we noticed much improvement with off and on pixelation on only one channel that we noticed.  But we need to further view the channels over the next few nights to give us a better idea if the problem is generally fixed or if there are still issues of pixelation.

Regarding this issue, I appreciated those at Xfinity I spoke with by telephone, at the store and the service tech that came out as they all did their best to help and fix the problem.  Each one of them listened and understood.  They were all very kind and it was a good customer service experience.

Thank you for your time and your response also.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Totally our pleasure @user_f1f2fd. I am glad to hear that those replacement boxes have been working better for you. If you run into any issue with your service feel free to reach out to our team here. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Just had this system installed a month ago and now we’ve lost several stations. This is why we dumped Direct TV. Have’nt touched any of the equipment since install. Your problem, you fix it now!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_k07w4b Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your service, especially after just getting everything set up. I understand how frustrating it must be to lose stations, especially after making the switch from DirecTV.

Let’s work together to get this resolved as quickly as possible. While it could be a technical glitch, I’d be happy to help troubleshoot from my end and see if we can restore those stations. Could you confirm if you’re seeing any error messages on your screen or if this is happening on all devices in your home?

I’ll do everything I can to make sure we get your system back up and running smoothly. Your time is valuable, and I’m here to help!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here