U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 28th, 2023 1:22 AM

Closed

Pixelation

Channels on TV are pixelating terribly for the last week or so. It does not happen when streaming, but on almost every channel.  At times there is so much pixelating that nothing on the TV is clear.  It also affects sound.  

What can I or xfinity do to stop this? 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

11 months ago

Hey there, happy to help you out with this! I know how annoying it can be to have your shows pixelate. Have you tried unplugging the cable box to reset it?

1 Message

I have had intermittent pixelation on some channels for a month.  Sometimes it is half the channels.  I have spent many hours on the phone with techs and had a tech visit to check it out.  The tech made a minor wiring change and said everything looks great.  One day later, same pixelation issue came back.  It seems worse at night, but happens during the day as well.  Frustrated that it takes so long to get someone on the phone and all they want me to do is check my connections for tightness.  Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am considering going back to satellite service if Xfinity cannot fix the problem.  This all started when Xfinity was "upgrading the service in my area".  Not sure what Xfinity did, but it definitely impacted my service.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @user_25os8v. Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear about the pixelation issues you have been experiencing. We'd like to help troubleshoot and get to the bottom of this. Have you completed any troubleshooting steps after the last technician visit?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

We are having pixelation problems again.  This happened a few months ago when Xfinity was “upgrading service in my area”.  I went to a local Xfinity store and he said they were aware of the situation but that this upgrade was going to fix it. Well it hasn’t.  Support is useless. Tightening my cables is not a solution - it happens on both of our tv’s, on the same channels, mostly at night.  Thing is we never had problems before this upgrade.  Do we maybe need a new router. Ours is older.  If you’re upgrading for speed, it’s not working because our computer and laptop are oddly slower too now.   I’m not calling to talk to a help desk person that reads off a piece of paper with the same questions listed on the website - perform a system refresh, tighten your cables, etc. how can I get to talk to a real tech support person?  ABC is our biggest tv problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@Barb2239 Thank you for reaching out to us here so we can help with your TV issues. I will troubleshoot with you today and help you schedule an appointment with a technician if the issue can't be resolved remotely. You've sent a Direct Message so I'll continue helping from there. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here