rudypita's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 17th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Pixelation on local channels

It started with just my local nbc channel. In 2 days my local fox, nbc, cbs, abc are all unwatchable. Now pbs, espn, and own are starting to pixelate. Reboot, refreshing did nothing. Tech came out to check signal outside and said signals are good and he doesn't know why. Got a new box and new hdmi cord and no change. I figure I will just watch the SD nbc and it is either error code 03059 or pixelation. The other SD channels (fox, cbs, nbc) are watchable. 

Customer service told me there will be no tech home visit until covid 19 is over so he is guessing maybe in July. So in the meantime I have all these unwatchable channels. Any suggestions? My wifi is fine. I am very frustrated. I will be fighting to get some credit on my account for this issue. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Other than a tech coming back out, make sure your cables are tight and in good repair and remove any extra unnecessary splitters. It’s a signal issue, a refresh, new hdmi cables aren’t the fix

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

All cables are tight. The only splitter was the one xfinity tech put on when he first installed everything. New box and new hdmi cord was what the customer service told me to replace.... I don't know what ese to do except to wait for the tech. I just get frustrated when I can't watch my regular channels and news.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have had the same issue with all the same channels that you have mentioned. Did you ever get it fixed by chance?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

The tech can check the signals at the demarcation point (where it attaches to your home). let them do that to determine if the problem is before demarcation or within your home.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Has anyone gotten a resolve, same issue here too.  Seems to be only 702-713 except 707 and 711 are fine.  The tech came out last week and checked the signal into the house, all six boxes and said it was fine.  He said he'd turn it over to maintenance and we've heard squat.  Called in again, had to unplug and plug back in all boxes, confirm they are all tight.  They rebooted the main X1 again and it hasn't fixed a thing.  The Advanced Support called and guess what, we did the routine all over again without success.  So they are sending a tech out to the house another time.  Really turning into a joke, guess I better start trashing them on FB.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_58821e, this is far from the experience we want you to have! I dearly apologize for your experience with having to repeat the same steps multiple times. that would personally drive me crazy! Could you please send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account? Our team would love to follow up with you after the tech appointment.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Just started having the same problem on local channels only. No streaming issues on Netflix or Prime or HBO Max. Only live TV. But strangely, some local channels have no pixelation. I have heard that replacing the cable from the pedestal to the house has solved this issue for some. Comcast tech will be here shortly. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same issue. It seems to happen randomly and if I leave it on the channel for a while it seems to correct itself but it can take several minutes. I would love to know if anyone finds a solution.

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Hi @user_0c480c , thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums. Welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear you have had reception issues while watching local channels. This can certainly be a headache when trying to relax.

Normally the fix for this issue is fairly easy. I would like to rule out the basics with you. Can you check the coax cable at the wall and the cable box? Please make sure all connections are finger tight. Do you have an amplifier in the home (little box plugged into an outlet and has a coax cable attached)? If you do have an amplifier, confirm it is plugged in and the green light is lit up. Make sure your HDMI cable is connected, free from damage, and tight as well. 

If you still have reception problems my team would like to hear from you to help investigate the issue. We will need some personal information. Please send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and street address. To send a private message click the chat icon in the upper right corner. Send the full message to our shared handle “Xfinity Support”. 

Please also keep in mind moving forward we ask that you make an individual post so that the community can provide you the best support possible. To look at the Xfinity Forum guidelines please follow this link https://comca.st/3hQYDlo;

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

It turned out that the connection to one of the TV boxes was loose. That caused three TVs to have pixelation on a few of the local channels. The Box was in one of the bedrooms. The cable was also several feet long so unnecessarily long. He shortened the cable, tightened the connection and the pixelation problem went away. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We have noticed it comes and goes like someone flipped a switch .

Usually on our local affiliates

and weekdays between 4p and 8p

and weekends 12p till 7p

sometimes we go weeks at a time no problem and then it starts like somebody flipped a switch.

we brought in our equipment to Xfinity and got a new box and it didn’t really change anything  

WHAT ARE WE PAYING FOR ???

A land line we don’t use

TV reception that is inconsistent 

The Internet seems ok ? 

Dan S  Sonoma Calif

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_a456d3! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your service, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance! Has any of the troubleshooting provided or through self-service like your amazing Xfinity My Account App helped? If not I would like to look into this more! Let me know, so we can finally get this addressed for you! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem. In the bedroom there is a splitter with a long cable line and a signal booster attached. I called and they said someone from a different dept would reach out but I have not heard anything. Its been a year or so. I have had Comcast reset on their end and I have checked all connections

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I thought it was only me, but this is the same exact problem I have. Local channels in the morning and afternoon, like clockwork. I’ve reset many times, yet it still occurs. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_80451e, I am sorry about the pixilation on local channels. This can happen for multiple reasons. Have you tried replacing HDMI cords, splitters (if any) and make sure all connections are tight, secure, and in good condition?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here