PSUHarry's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Friday, December 25th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Pixelation on Cable Channels

Bad pixelation on Cable channels only. Broadcast channels are OK.

All cables connections are secure. Affecting only one TV in the house only that has an odd modulator on it.

Thoughts on this? Inside house? Outside house?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

Just some channels? It could be either inside or outside or both

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

@PSUHarry wrote: ,,, Inside house? Outside house?

There's no way to tell without knowing how the cable boxes in your home are connected.

Pixelation happens when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or has too much noise. This might be because of a bad cable box or a problem at Comcast (check https://www.xfinity.com/support/status/, 1-800-Comcast voice response, or the "My Account" app) but is most likely due to a poor connection between the box and Comcast's network, usually in or near your home.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors for corrosion and tightness, and by looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power. You might also try unplugging the cable box/DVR/digital adapter power cord for a minute or so.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast take care of it, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. Ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

So how do I resolve it?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@PSUHarry wrote:
So how do I resolve it?

use the smart phone/tablet app 'xfinity my account'. select the cartoon text icon with 2 dots to start a chat. type person until you get a live person and request home visit by tech to test your line coming into your home.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Good afternoon, PSUHarry. Thanks for posting here for support! Sorry to hear about the one TV/box that's acting up. If you haven't reached out elsewhere for support, I would be more than happy to schedule an appointment for you to get a technician out. Let me know!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you. It is now intermittent. Ok for awhile then comes back. Hard to figure out.

I think I do need a technician.

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

3 years ago

We'd be glad to look further into it, I know intermittent issues are frustrating to deal with! You mentioned the cable box has an "odd modulator"; are you referring to a splitter? If so, you can temporarily bypass it to check if that's the trouble. You can click on my handle (ComcastGina) and send a private message with your name and service address if that's not the case or the splitter bypass doesn't work. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here