LtimeU's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 20th, 2024 5:30 PM

Closed

Pixelation issues

Since Oct 2023 I have had issues with pixelation like many other Xfinity customers. The problem is worse with sport broadcast. I am in the Salt Lake City area and have perform the list of suggested troubleshooting steps, including a technician coming to my home. The tech tighten connections and verified signals to the boxes were strong.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

8 months ago

We have the same problem. We are near Spokane WA. We've done a system refresh several times, thre last one taking over 4 hours "behind the scenes" according to the tech we talked to. It's now worse than ever. This all started with the new gateway. Thank god I kept the old one and we will reinstall it today. Tire of this crappola.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

8 months ago

LtimeU, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. I'm sorry to hear you are having pixelation issues. We would like to take a closer look at your account to see what we can do. Please send us a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityAngie​ I am Brent [Edited: "Personal Information"]. Like many people reporting here in the forums, we have been beset by pixelation issues and sound drop outs and whole picture drop outs (*going to black and silence for a few seconds) for many weeks now. I have tried and tried to get support several times using the opaque assistant thing to no avail. Usually the lengthy sessions there end with a system reset and a promise to do some sleuthing behind the scenes, but no follow up. The problems persisted.

IT ALL STARTED when we "upgraded" to the new router at the behest of Xfinity. The set up was easy, and it did seem to work fine until we watched some TV. The pixelation issue was horrendous (as described above). Like a loose connection or broken wire somewhere. A longtime IT professional I tried to find the issue and reset all the connections from the floor to the Xfinity splitter, thence to the TV box and the new router. I even cleaned all the connection ends with alcohol. Nothing made the situation better.

So, the new router is the variable. Thank God I kept the old xfinity one (which was only a year in use) and today reinstalled it. The problems have vanished. VANISHED.

The issues were with standard broadcast channels. Streaming channels were fine. Recorded programs were fine. So why the new router was the issue is a mystery. No matter, now that it works again I can stop looking at satellite TV package ads.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

157 Messages

8 months ago

Pixelation here in south Florida and no new equipment or any changes. Going on for month's. 

2 Messages

6 months ago

Pixelation issues continue even though connections are fine.  Last week you posted on the screen that Xfinity was having issues - well, now the main channels are pixelating and they can't be watched.  How to resolve?

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here