U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, January 7th, 2024 10:06 PM

Pixelation issue is STILL ongoing

We've had several techs out to try to resolve this pixelation issue with no success. The most recent was Friday 1/5/24. The tech replaced all cables inside the house to the main TV and cable box. He tested all cables for signal strength and found everything to be fine. This only happens with broadcast stations, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, all cable news channels also. Apps and DVD player all with no issue. The cables/connections at the house outside have not been checked recently, to my knowledge. Nor has the main box in our culdesac.

If this forum is monitored by Xfinity, HELP

LYNNWOOD, Wa

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

Our Digital Care team can help, @user_874333. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address, so we may further assist you?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

We have a senior tech employee scheduled to come out 1/17/24 to hopefully resolve this on going issue. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

The technician, Curt, was here for about two hours. He changed the connections at the wall outlet on the coax cable. Tested the signal inside and outside the house to a high detail. So far, the "tiling" issue (he described the pixelation this way and it is more appropriate)has not returned. We'll see how it does as the day goes on. He simply described one cause as the old technology coaxial cable system. It should be resolved when newer technology fiber lines are installed, unfortunately this may take some time.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_874333 I'm so glad to hear that Curt was able to help out! I'll give you a chance to monitor the picture quality and follow up again tomorrow to see how everything is doing :). 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

959 Messages

@user_874333 Good morning! I hope your Friday is going well so far. I'm checking in to see how your services are doing? Has your picture quality remained stable? I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Well, unfortunately the evening after the service tech tried to resolve the "tiling" issue, it returned. The problem is still ongoing. I will be contacting Curt in the next few days. 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Same here in Rowley, Mass. & had tech out a few times last Friday, & again Sunday… 

I’m noticing it more on DVR playback… it’s almost unwatchable upon playback!! This is UNacceptable for all we pay!! 

It will also drop sound occasionally on the channel I’m currently watching I have to switch channels to get the sound back…. and I told all techs this issue

I also talked to my local neighborhood online community at “Next Door” and a lot in our area are experiencing it but yet not a reported known issue

Been going on for about 2 weeks 

PLEASE WISH THEY WOULD FIX IT!! 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 months ago

This really seems to lean toward a software or hardware issue with Xfinity. I'll wait to see what the senior tech says who should be here any minute. I have noticed comments about this pixelation issue from several different locations around the entire country, not just a Seattle area problem.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

We have this problem in Spokane. Makes watching unbearable. Seemed to start when we installed the new router. But their advice is to do a system refresh. Does nothing to help! 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Thank you… 

yes & im here in Rowley, Mass.….

& it’s definitely more now on DVR playback & almost unwatchable!!! It’s infuriating for all we pay booo to them they need to fix iiiiit!! 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 months ago

IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE NEW ROUTERS?????  Seems to have started with its installation. I kept the old one which worked just fine. Will reinstall it tonight. We're in Spokane, WA...

Official Employee

• 

999 Messages

Hey @user_8be2e8 Wanted to follow up with you and see how your service has been since your last message. Have you had a chance to compare with both gateways? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Yes. I put the "old" router back in today and the problems have VANISHED. Pixelations and sound drops were on standard broadcast channels and not any streaming, and not on stuff recorded with DVR. Very odd. Anyway I am returning the "new" router in a few days when I am downtown. Good riddance!

Contributor

• 

157 Messages

4 months ago

Pixelation is a problem here in south Fl recently too. Random channels and time. Same equipment nothing new added or removed. 

1 Message

3 months ago

I’m in Salt Lake City, Utah experiencing the same problem. I had a technician out on 2/23/24 for three hours and the pixelation problem is still ongoing, in fact it seems to be worse. I find it to be on all recorded shows, it doesn’t matter what channels it’s heavily pixelated. 

Official Employee

• 

256 Messages

Hey there, @user_jo8bmc. Our team can definitely assist you with getting that tiling issue resolved. Based on some previous responses on this thread it appears as though one of our awesome technicians may be required to roll out to the home to get this issue resolved. If you could please send me a DM with your first and last name along with your full-service address, we can get started.

Residential Forums:

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

Well, the "tiling" issue persists. I gave it well over a month since the last, and very good, senior service tech, Curt, was here trying to fix this countrywide issue. I will be calling him back today. It appears the only resolution is to migrate to an "IP" type connection, rather than the traditional coax cable connection. Unfortunately, he told me doing this would remove the 4K option for TV resolution. Frustrating!!!

3 Messages

3 months ago

I have updated my DVR with Comcast and he reeeallyy made sure all my connections were good within the wall itself!!! Voila.. so far that has helped.. 

There are a few teeny tiny glitches but nothing like it was thank goodness.. 

My new DVR is without the clock and I LOVED my clock there being older to see it illuminated at night however... I tweaked it and now have a side bar illuminated clock to the side of that and it's perfect... 

Hope this helps... might be as simple as a DVR replacement 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

We had updated the DVR box much earlier, latest product. It didn't help unfortunately.

2 Messages

2 months ago

We have exactly the same issues. The image pixelation and garbled audio on all major broadcast channels is constant. This was especially frustrating when the NCAA games are airing.  A message kept appearing on the screen that Comcast was having issues. This informed us that it was not a problem with our equipment. I will be contacting the local ABC, NBC and CBS affiliate stations in addition to local PBS stations to let them know that Comcast is not allowing us to watch their shows. I am sure their sponsors will not be pleased! The reception is totally inadequate. We have performed all troubleshooting processes. Time to drop Comcast!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_mm9k6n Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. Can you please double-check the coax cable going to the back of your TV Box and make sure it is only finger-tight?

1 Message

2 months ago

We've been having the same problem with pixelation for OVER A YEAR!!!  Wires from outside have been checked and some have been replaced.  In addition, the cable box is new.  The techs have even told us that they don't have an explanation for the problem!  We are expected to pay exhorbitant fees for less than acceptable service and I am beyond frustrated!!!!! Might I add, the countless wasted time waiting on the phone and dealing with numerous restarts of the system that NEVER work.  I am close to leaving Xfinity completely and will be researching alternative cable and internet services.

Frustrated in Atlanta, GA

This comment has been converted into a post

1 Message

I’m in the metro Atlanta, GA area. Tiling/pixelation has been an issue on all channels for months frequently making cable channels unwatchable, but always very annoying. Streaming services work without issue including Xfinity streaming app. No new equipment or changes in service. 

Official Employee

• 

549 Messages

user_hb53sh Have you used our Xfinity app to do some troubleshooting? You can also reset your equipment from there as well if needed. Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 month ago

Same tiling/pixelation problems in Denver, CO.  Been a problem for 13 months now.  (price still the same, quality of product decreasing)...

Official Employee

• 

981 Messages

rm2448, If you are still having issues, try troubleshooting with us. You can send us a DM with your name and address by doing the following. Once we have a solution, we will make sure to post it here on this page publically. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here