terwin's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 20th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Pixel and Freezing only HD local Sports Channels

For three years now we have experienced pixeling and freezing on our two Bay Area NBC Sports California channels (720 and 721).  I have called customer service numerous times and they reset my system but still have the problem. Two years ago the service tech came out and installed a new X1 box. Last year the service tech came out and said one of my connections was loose. So, tonight is the  first live baseball game and the A's and Giants are both playing each other so I am going back and forth between 720 (Giants) and 721 (A's) and both channels have pixel and freezing. I do not experience any pixel issues or freezing either on any other channel. 

interested in any suggestions to fix this very frustrating trouble. I should say it's not just baseball games that are affected.  Even worse when watching basketball. 

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@terwin wrote:

Yes the problem is on both TV sets.  I also notice that the problem seems to be limited to HD Channels in the range of 720 - 728. 

the good news is now you are sure of the problem and it fixable (signal issue). You can call 800-Comcast and work through their help system and end up with a technician visit to the outside of the home (during the pandemic). The tech can find if the issue exists as it enters the home or is ok at the home.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@terwin wrote:

For three years now we have experienced pixeling and freezing on our two Bay Area NBC Sports California channels (720 and 721).  I have called customer service numerous times and they reset my system but still have the problem. Two years ago the service tech came out and installed a new X1 box. Last year the service tech came out and said one of my connections was loose. So, tonight is the  first live baseball game and the A's and Giants are both playing each other so I am going back and forth between 720 (Giants) and 721 (A's) and both channels have pixel and freezing. I do not experience any pixel issues or freezing either on any other channel. 

interested in any suggestions to fix this very frustrating trouble. I should say it's not just baseball games that are affected.  Even worse when watching basketball. 

do you have another set top box connected in the home? if so, when you are seeing that problem, is it on both set top boxes? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

See problem is on both TV’s. Just checked tonight’s baseball game and looked on both channels and both have pixel and freezing.

Any ideas?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yes the problem is on both TV sets.  I also notice that the problem seems to be limited to HD Channels in the range of 720 - 728. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have same problem.  I think it only happens on my 720 and 721 channels during sporting broadcasts.

It's a pain. They always want to blame the wiring in your home and come out to charge you. have them check the signal on the outside on the telephone pole ( if you have).  I'll be calling this week.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m having the same issue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We’re having the same problem; NBC channels for sports are pixelated and freezing. It’s now NHL playoff season and my sons are losing their minds. Technicians have checked cable connections and boxes with no avail and restarting the systems does nothing. We might have to try an alternative company if this doesn’t get fixed. :(

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here