denm43's profile

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2024 8:27 PM

Closed

Picture freezing for a few seconds and then continues

I have had this problem for a couple of months. Randomly the picture will freeze. Maybe once every 3-4 hours. It stays frozen for a few seconds, turns black, and then continues. If I playback the DVR a few seconds it shows slight static at the point where it froze but does not freeze again. I have phoned many times where their suggestions do nothing. A service technician came out twice. The first time he contacted another technician working nearby and they discover a board on the line was fluctuating in voltage and they fixed it The problem still continued. A couple weeks later the same technician came again and found nothing wrong on the line. He replaced the box (which was the second time in a month). He also replaced the HDMI cable. The problem is still there. What can I do? I do not seem to have a problem with internet which I use much more than the TV and uses the same cable.

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

7 months ago

denm43 Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your picture freezing. I want to get working on this right away. Please, send us a DM with your full name and address so we can get started.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here