cambridge's profile

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 7:40 AM

Closed

Percentage use

In Settings for my X1 box my percentage of used space is 2 percent.  This is correct since I have only 4 shows recorded.  When I go to the TV Remote app, the percentage is 42 percent.  The same 4 shows are listed.  What is the problem here?  XG1 v4

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

8 months ago

That's a great question @cambridge. The setting on your X1 is showing your physical hard drive space. The TV Remote App is showing the Cloud space used. All customers with DVR's have both cloud and physical storage on it.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ Why would cloud storage be a larger percent? Are there hidden recordings in the clous?

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

8 months ago

Here is a wonderful link that details different faqs about the cloud DVR https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs. This will go over and answer any questions you may have about this.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

8 months ago

I appreciate the link but i read all this before i posed my question.  It doesn t answer my question so i won t mark this as answered

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Sorry if the link didn’t provide the answer you were looking for, lets take a deeper look into your account.

Could you please send our team a direct Message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 months ago

Did you ever get resolution on this cambridge?  I don't have a dvr that records anymore...just cloud dvr.  But my bedroom (wireless) box reports it 80% full and the livingroom box reports it as 45% full.  

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

Pugdad Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here