U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 28th, 2021 9:54 PM

Closed

Peacock app not working

Peacock app has not worked for several weeks, I have never been able to use the Peacock app on xfinity. When I open the Peacock app the screen goes to a screen that says Peacock and the colored dots and the Olympic rings and the 3 white dots at the bottom that flash.....then the screen goes black.

I have been in contact with Peacock help by chat,email, and phone many times over the past several weeks. Peacock states that the problem is with my x1 box. I have been in contact with xfinity many times over the past several weeks. I have unplugged, reset the x1 box many times. I have cleared cache and local storage data many times. I have unplugged and reset my tv and modem several times.Nothing helps. Today I was told by Peacock help that needed a new x1 box. I called & texted xfinity today. Again, unplugged x1, cleared cache and local data again and told to wait an hour and Peacock app would work....it still is not working.  Then I was told that Peacock has been down Nation wide for the last week. I told the person this has been going on for several weeks....she changed her story to say Peacock has been down for a couple of weeks. Does anyone at xfinity know what they are doing? Can anyone help?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

3 years ago

What box do you currently have? Their has been issues with the XG2v2-P boxes, it has been fixed for some people. Peacock has not been down nationwide for a couple of weeks. I have been watching Peacock fine on my XG1v4. The issue is either, You're box is outdated and you need a new one, or you're box is fine and this is a Comcast issue.

You don't happen to have an XG1v1 or XG2v2-S? Those boxes are outdated and you need to exchange them for a new one.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have an XG2V2-S box.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

3 years ago

You have an outdated box. Two companies make the XG2V2, Pace and Samsung. The Samsung version of the box, XG2v2-S is no longer supported by Comcast and also it doesn't support a lot of apps. The Pace version of the box XG2v2-P is still supported by Comcast. 

You need to swap your box out. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks, swapped out the box this morning.  Works now.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

3 years ago

Which box did they give you?

It's amazing that all the people you spoke with at Comcast did not know that the box was outdated and you needed a new one. You should be credited for your trouble this past month for dealing with the incompetent tech support. I'll PM you a number that will help you out with that.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here