U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 8th, 2024 6:07 AM

PBS Passport App

I need the PBS passport app to be on the Xfinity devices. My 85 year old mother-in-law can’t figure any other streaming device out and she’s a PBS contributor. She pays a lot every month for her Xfinity bill. Please provide the app on your system. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 months ago

Comcast does not write the apps. They just supply the platform for developers to write for. You will need to contact PBS and ask that they create one for the X1/Xumo player platform.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Yes, me, too! Our family pays a ton to Xfinity. Ridiculous you can’t figure this out and get App on system. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @user_2b8339You can submit your feedback https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form on the apps you would like to see added to our platforms. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 months ago

And again, Comcast does not write the apps. PBS has to create one for the X1 system

1 Message

24 days ago

I'm able to figure out other ways of streaming, but I still find it inexcusable that Xfinity gouges us for minimal service and doesn't provide access to passport in the same way it does for other apps. What's the excuse (besides basic greed)?

Official Employee

• 

585 Messages

user_oehxb0 thank you for taking the time to reach out today using the Community Forums page. I can assure you that Xfinity only desires to make applications more accessible for customers. Are you unable to download the PBS application through the application store on your equipment? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here