A_DeMott's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 8, 2021 6:00 PM

PBS channels breaking up

We receive two PBS channels through Comcast: 1) KSPS, Spokane, WA; and 2) Idaho Public TV. For the past several days, the signal for both of these channels have has been very choppy, constantly breaking up in both the audio and video. 

All other channels we receive through Comcast are solid and smooth. It's just the PBS stations.

Any ideas about what is going on and what the fix is?

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

5 m ago

@A_DeMott wrote:

We receive two PBS channels through Comcast: 1) KSPS, Spokane, WA; and 2) Idaho Public TV. For the past several days, the signal for both of these channels have has been very choppy, constantly breaking up in both the audio and video. 

All other channels we receive through Comcast are solid and smooth. It's just the PBS stations.

Any ideas about what is going on and what the fix is?

do you have more than one set top box? if so, same on both? have you tried viewing the same program while you are having problems on a smart phone/tablet or on a Roku/amazon fire TV device to see if they work properly?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

Rustyben. Thanks for the suggestion to go looking further into the issue. 

I checked our 2nd TV and saw the same issue. Then I looked closer and saw the same issue on all channels, just not to the same degree.

The fix turned out to be just disconnecting and reconnecting all cable connections leading up to the TVs. Signals now look solid.

Thanks for prodding me to look deeper. 

New to the Community?

Start Here