U

Monday, September 30th, 2024 4:21 PM

Pause, FF and Rewind stopped working

Pause, rewind and fast forward stopped working. Message tells me I need to insert card. How to fix?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 days ago

Pause, rewind and fast forward stopped working. Message tells me I need to insert card. How to fix?

Cable boxes are essentially specialized computers. The "card" is a memory module inside the box that stores the last 30 to 60 minutes of video. Sometimes the box logic becomes scrambled and isn't able to use the module, and sometimes the box develops a permanent hardware fault.

As with any computer, sometimes a reboot clears things up. Try unplugging the power cords of all cable boxes for a minute or so, then power back up and try again. If that doesn't correct the problem you'll have to swap out the failing box(es) at an Xfinity Store or Service Center (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/store-selector/).

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 days ago

Howdy! user_8e6767

Are you trying to control those functions through the Xfinity Stream app? I was also curious if this was a stream for a live channel or on demand content? Thank you so much for getting us in the loop, our team is here to help and our amazing community of experts and users are too! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here