U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 1st, 2022 1:31 PM

Closed

Pause and Rewind live TV does not work

TV box is a brand new Xg2v2-P.

I replaced my old TV cable box last week because the TV box kept losing connection to the remote. So I got a new cable box from xfinity store and set it up. Rewind does not work and pause does not work. 

I see this is a common problem, but the only solution provided by the support forums is to either restart the box, or doing a system refresh. This is today's version of hitting the side of an analog TV to clear up the picture. 

For how much xfinity charges for their services, you would imagine their services to be more reliable or the company actually invest in customer service.

Xfinity is sitting on their last strike before I cut the cable and just rely on streaming apps. Please contact me with a solution.

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @user_e347ef.  We're sorry to hear about the issue with the rewind and pause feature. I know how important it is to have that feature available, and we're happy to help. I know you mentioned the system refresh, has that step been done? If it hasn't been tried, we're happy to send a signal from our end. I also recommend repairing the remote to see if that helps. Please view this article for steps on pairing the remote: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/programming-your-xfinity-remote

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here