Ma4201's profile

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Sunday, March 7th, 2021 4:00 PM

Closed

Paramount plus no longer on xfinity X1

I really need help with this question I signed up for cbs all access in December I selected X1 work perfect the day cbs all access become paramount plus it told me enter my email and password I have done this at  least  50 more times and  it does not move I just got off the phone with a paramount Plus CSR  I also her when I go to the page where it shows all the devices you stream the app when I go to connected devises it only shows xfinity flex it does not show X1 as one of the ways you can watch the app onX1 the CSR put me on hold and came back and said paramount plus is no longer compatible on X1 if that's the case then why is the app still showing that you stream  it on X1 

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

4 years ago

Paramount+ is available with limited commercials or no commercials (pricing varies by plan). Note that pricing for a subscription varies by plan and is billed separately through CBS.

To access Paramount+ programming, you’ll need:

• A compatible streaming device (excludes Xi5 TV Boxes) with Xfinity Flex service or a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150, Pace Xi3, Samsung XG2v2, and Arris and Pace XG1v1 TV Boxes are not compatible) with Xfinity X1 service.
  • Xfinity Internet service (any level).
  • A subscription to Paramount+.

The Paramount + app and the former CBS All Access are two different apps each with different requirements needed for access. If you have any of the X1 equipment listed as not compatible, a device swap will be needed. The app may show up on your devices app list, but will prompt if not available for streaming on the device if you attempt to access it.

If you require assistance with identifying your equipment, you can do so by checking your 'My Account' app or by comparing the model number printed on the actual device against our device website: https://comca.st/2MZscFT

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

One long sentence all over the place with no question. Not all X1 boxes are compatible with CBS All Access/Paramount plus. What equipment do you have? You should have been working with a Comcast CSR not Paramount
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cbs-all-access-app

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

I know I have a compatible X1 box   I  was  able to order the cbs all access app and stream it on X1 box that I have and watch cbs all access on my Samsung tv I made that clear in my initial post  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Does your model of x1 box match the link above? The tv you watch it on doesn’t matter. Nothing was really clear in your post. Punctuation helps a lot

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

Once again you are wrong ccandrew  I made it clear that I have paramount plus app on my X1 box that was cbs all access when I subscribe on my same X1 box that I still  use today why would it matter since I am using the same  cbs all access  app that did nothing more than change the name of the app yes I know that they added  more movies and more episodes of shows so are you that I need to swap out myX1 box because they change the of the app ?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Are you able to answer the question? In the link above it lists compatible devices of X1 equipment, is yours on the list? You have to start there

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

Why do I need to see if I have  a acompaba  X1box are you able to understand the actual words I wrote in my second post  when I  said I was able to subscribe to cbs all access with the same X1 box that as of today  I can now  watch paramount plus on my tv are able to understand all that I wrote  HMM

i will no Longer post again on this subject

I'M DONE 

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

4 years ago

Once CBS All Access became Paramount Plus, the CBS All Access app would no longer work. You need to separately access the paramount plus App and provide your login details.

I access it through my TV rather than X1 box and had the same issue--the CBS app wasn't working properly so I uninstalled and reinstalled the paramount plus app, signed in, and it works fine.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here