U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 24th, 2021 5:16 PM

Closed

pakadap

A message to adopt a new cable box appeared, so we did so. The XiD-P unit that came set up very nicely and worked for one evening. Since then it has not functioned properly- audio and video is pixelated, drops, just a complete mess. It works on no other TV. We’ve reset numerous times, checked all cables and all the traditional fixes. Seems like a bad unit. How do we swap for a new one?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, user_0014ac. It's a bummer to hear the new box is giving you trouble! Great question about the box swap. It's rare that pixelation and audio/video complications arise from a bad box though and the last thing we want you to do is to swap out the box only to experience the same issue. A problem of this nature is generally going to be signal-related, even though that may sound odd. Our hope is to narrow things down a bit more for you, before resorting to swapping the box out. Did you use the new coaxial cable that came with the new box, even if the old one seemed fine? Is there a cable splitter in the room that you initially had the box plugged into, even if it's not new? Did you move this cable box into another room for troubleshooting, or had you brought other TVs into the room this box was in? Either way, we'll help you out!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I hooked everything up using the new cabling. Does not work in room with signal splitter (necessary there). Moved to another room and it worked fine, but (again) only for that evening. Next day was lousy. Prefer staying with older box. Can I just go to a store and return the “upgrade”?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you for your time and for patiently waiting for a response, @user_0014ac! Thanks for that great question. Absolutely. You can return the set-top box and swap it out at your nearest service center or I can have a set-top box shipped to you and you can return the set-top box to your nearest UPS store. You can even have UPS pick up the old box for you as well. Which would work best for you?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here