Sharon451's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 25th, 2021 6:00 PM

Closed

Pairing XR15 remote to Bose soundbar and Vizo TV. Everything works except the volume button.

Pairing new xr15 remote to Vizo TV and Bose soundbar. I have completed voice remote set up numerous times and the volume control works for TV but does not work on soundbar. Volume only works for TV when I add audio for soundbar, it will turn the soundbar on/off but will not operate volume control.  I have also rebooted the box several times as well. 

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

3 years ago

@Sharon451 thanks for taking the time to reach out to us through our forums regarding your remote and sound bar issues. I know that you stated you had already been able to get the remote programmed to the device. However, it sounds like the steps that you are taking to pair the remote are not pairing it entirely. Here is a walkthrough of programming your remote to other devices which also contains some alternatives to attempt with the sound bar.Let me know if you continue to have any trouble. https://comca.st/3uwb23r

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Michele, I watched and have followed the steps numerous times. As I said before, the pairing worked for everything except the volume control using the soundbar. It will turn the soundbar off/on so it is communicating but it does not turn the volume up or down.  This is a new remote I got today. So frustrating that the soundbar "volume" will not work and yet it will turn the soundbar off.on. Strange. Please help.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@Sharon451 wrote:

Michele, I watched and have followed the steps numerous times. As I said before, the pairing worked for everything except the volume control using the soundbar. It will turn the soundbar off/on so it is communicating but it does not turn the volume up or down.  This is a new remote I got today. So frustrating that the soundbar "volume" will not work and yet it will turn the soundbar off.on. Strange. Please help.

the code you used may turn it off but not adjust volume. try other codes or search for a code that works?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here