netsirk17's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 28th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

pairing LG Magic Remote with Xfinity box

Hi there! I am trying to pair the LG Magic remote with our comcast cable box. I can not get the remote to change the channels even though I've gone through the set up guide a few times.  Can anyone offer some assistance? I know that there was a previous post about this but when I try to access the post, it doesn't show up.

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This worked for me to using Lg remote to access Comcast!!
Yes, on the LG Magic Wand remote you can click the "AD/SAP" button and then it will bring you to "More Actions" click on "Menu" and you will be able to access your Guide, Saved, On Demand, Sports, Apps" under "Saved" you will see your DVR recordings.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

There is a link in that post you sent by BruceW that says to try “this” link. That’s the link I’ve been trying to access that I’ve heard works but that other link doesn’t work.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

A Forum post which is no longer available to non-employees said :

All X1 boxes (Arris, Pace, Samsung, Cisco) use the same infrared "codes". I suggest that you try codes from all of those brands along with Motorola.

And:

Just choose "Unknown" from the manufacturer list, then when trying the different Remote options (where you try the channel up/down, etc. on each one) I think I had to go to the thrid option before it would work. It does work just fine though, but you do need line of sight with the cable box. 

Also: https://www.google.com/search?q=lg+magic+remote+comcast+box

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@netsirk17 wrote:
There is a link in that post you sent by BruceW that says to try “this” link. That’s the link I’ve been trying to access that I’ve heard works but that other link doesn’t work.

Apparently that other post that @BruceW  referred to has been archived (and not visible by normal means).  From a subsequent post in the original thread, there is reference to 'a new compatible TV Box'.  Apparently, the TV Box you have is 'not compatible' and may need to be replaced to work with your remote.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

So after trying to pair my 65 Lg Oled with my Xfinity set top box I finally got it to work. After you hit the channel ^ button and it doesn’t work it will ask did it take say no and try again then take batteries out and put back in and hit the channel ^ button again and it worked for me after hitting the button 2 times. Make sure your are watching to see if the channel does change then stop hitting the ^ button and select yes. I know it was frustrating at first cause nothing was working.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just got it to work. When it asks for the model of the cable box enter it from the x1 box and hit enter and it will give you choices. Don't select that model, it won't work, select Xfinity X1 from that screen and it will work. The voice control on the magic remote though won't work with the X1, when you press the button it opens google assistant, but most other functions do work. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

with my xfinity xg1v4 box I had to set the manufacturer to xg1 and it sort of works but is glitchy and slow so I think the receiver end of that box isn't great.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I got mine to pair. But is there a button I can use to access my dvr options? On my Xfinity remote it's labeled Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @BobDoo. The XFINITY button is how you can access the XFINITY menu. You will be able to access all of your recordings or prioritize your series by selecting Saved on the XFINITY menu. Here is a great link for an overview of the X1 DVR services. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-overview?view=app Please let me know if this helps.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Yes, on the LG Magic Wand remote you can click the "AD/SAP" button and then it will bring you to "More Actions"  click on "Menu" and you will be able to access your Guide, Saved, On Demand, Sports, Apps"  under "Saved" you will see your DVR recordings. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

When we clicked on the AD/SAP button it did not have a “menu” option in the drop down.  We clicked on the ones or had, but none of them gave us Guide, Saved, On Demand, etc.  That is what we are trying to get to.  Any other suggestions?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Do you mean the Xfinity button on the Xfinity remote or does xfinity show up somewhere on the tv using the Magic Remote? Trying to eliminate having to use twomremotes.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Can you please share the steps prior to this? How did you get to this point? Thanks!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Can you please post all the steps to setting this up?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I can get the Magic Remote to control channel up/down and such.  But, when watching a recording I don't know what keys map to DVR functions like Fast Forward and Reverse.  Any advice?

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here