AllenChicago's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, April 26th, 2022 11:41 PM

Closed

Option to Replay/Repeat the Just-Watched Show is Missing.

Dear Xfinity family,

I haven't tried this in the past 12 months.  So maybe this Xfinity feature was removed.  A search of the forum and also Google, is not providing the answer.  So I'll ask the question here.

For many shows, there used to be an option to "Watch from the Beginning".   You'd press the "i" (information) button on the remote, and there would be a little icon that resembled an arrow with a circle around it.  That icon meant you could press a button on your remote and the show you are watching would start over from the beginning.  

I just changed the channel several times (ESPN, CBS, ION, CNN, DISCOVER, USA, etc.)  and on each show, pressed the "i" button and looked to see if there was a way to watch that particular program/show from the beginning.  Of the 11 channels I tested, ZERO of the shows indicated that I could watch that particular show again.

Does this mean the valuable "REPLAY FROM THE BEGINNING" Xfinity feature has been removed totally?  It was never available for all TV programs, but now it appears to be totally gone/absent.  Is that the case?  If not, what do I need to do in order to locate and use this "replay" feature?

Any assistance or guidance is appreciated!

-Allen in Chicagoland  

Official Employee

• 

697 Messages

2 years ago

@AllenChicago I know that I love to use this feature and wish that it was available for all networks and shows to use. Unfortunately, some programs are not allowed to restart based on the Network and the way they have their configurations set up, as Comcast does not have control over this. Most of the time, I have noticed that the movie/show will be available in the On Demand library, essentially allowing you to start the show there. If you see a Restart icon after pressing the info button, that show will allow you to restart from the beginning right away.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityThomasD​ is there a way I can determine IN ADVANCE which shows/channels have "restart" available? 

Maybe on the Xfinity program lineup guide, the company could place a little "R" symbol next to the programs that have this available.  

For example, we just got home and my wife says "Quick turn to Blue Bloods (CBS network), we just missed 15 minutes of it!".  I turn on the TV choose CBS and she starts watching Blue Bloods.   I push the "i" button to see if the show can be watched from the beginning.  NOPE...just like the other 11 channels/shows I randomly tested earlier this week, there is no "restart" feature available for the Friday nights airing of Blue Bloods.

Thomas, I don't think that feature is available for ANY SHOW on ANY CHANNEL any more.  It was quietly removed by Comcast/Xfinity.   

Please look and let me know if there is an upcoming show that has "Restart" available.  I want to know if it has been removed entirely, before I hit the social media sites with my grumbles about this.  Thank-you sir.  

-Allen in Chicagoland

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for further clarifying what you are experiencing, @AllenChicago. When you check for a show that you want to restart have you tried to view the watch options for it to see if it is offered in On Demand at the same time the episode airs? Do you have the DVR service and record the program? I know that is another way to restart it. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I am NOT interested in a show.  I am concerned with whitelisting an incoming email to the Inbox rather thatn the Spam folder to which a specific email is going.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi, @revnab. Can you please create a new topic so we can further help with the incoming email going to the inbox and not spam? We are discussing the restart option for shows on TV in this topic/thread. This link shows how to create a new topic if you are not sure how to do that.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here