denpowers's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 21st, 2022 12:05 AM

Closed

Only recording 2 shows at a time on my X1 box solved

This happened to me at the end of my last yearly plan. I removed my phone service and they set me up with a little different plan to save me some money.

When the new plan started my recorder would only record 2 shows at a time instead of the 5-6 shows that I previously had. Drove me crazy during football playoffs.

1st call, the guy said it was a problem other people were having so they would give me a credit and let me know when it was fixed.

Week and a half later no call back, so I decided to go to xfinity. The guy thought it was strange, there should be no problems so we tried a new box. Didn’t fix it. So I revisit xfinity store, they decided to send a service guy in 5 days.

It seemed to me it wasn’t a hook up problem and I didn’t want to wait another week, so I decided to make one more call. two transfers later, they thought it was a cloud issue but resetting it didn’t work either so I asked them to check my account/plan again and look if anything is missing because my new plan had just started around the time the problems started. I also had googled “xfinity only records 2 shows at a time” and I found a post that said, “when you just have a cloud recording and not the X1 box you can only record 2 shows at a time.” It made sense to check again in case it was a simple human error when they changed my plan.

They discovered the DVR Service Code was missing on my bill and no charge for it. They added the code plus the $10 monthly charge (same as I had before), reset my box, told me to wait an hour or so for the change to go through and then, on my TV set, had me push the xfinity button on remote go to the little gear wheel all the way to the right for System, then Device Settings, then Sync DVR, just push and sync it. It was late so I just waited til the next morning to make sure all the changes were made. It worked perfectly.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here