Mark314's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Sat, Sep 4, 2021 10:05 PM

On Demand not working persistent error code CL-17 (PR150BNM / RNG150N box) Ticket # CR001509057

Hello -

Tried to resolve this twice previously via Xfinity Assistant online chat but no joy, so I'm reaching out here.

Problem: the 'On Demand' function is not working (and hasn't been for quite a while), with a dialog box and error CL-17 when attempted.  The 'Search TV & On Demand' function also does not work, with different dialog box and error MOGSCNA.  These functions have worked in the past with this box & TV.

Numerous unplugging/re-plugging cycles with the box have been done, along with several "I just sent a reset/refresh signal" and a couple of subsequent "the signal I sent will fix the problem but it will take 30 minutes to re-synchronize" tries by the online help chat people.  The box did receive reset signals as evidenced by the Channel Guide reverting to "To be announced" for all channel content, but the On Demand & Search problems remain.

I have reviewed the Diagnostic Menu pages available within the PR150BNM/RNG150N set-top box with some of the following info:  The Diagnostics Dashboard indicates NO IP ADDRESS and NO IPPV ENABLED in brown color, with all other fields being green/GOOD or N/A (for DVR and HDD which are not present in this box).  My understanding is the box should request an IP address any time it is lost, and when the On Demand function has been working in the past there was always an IP address present.

I'll include a few (hopefully) pertinent screen shots in case some serious tech type folks happen to see this post and can offer some insight...

Responses

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

Update:  I tried once more via the phone callback version of Xfinity Assistant, but confess I balked when he told me to unplug my box (again).  I asked him if he could tell me the magic number of times I would have to do that and suggested "10?, 12?, 100?", then ended our call when he told me I had to do it.

I have now also reached out to Xfinity Support via direct messaging.  We shall see...

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

Update:  In work via Xfinity Support direct messaging.

Official Employee

• 

170 Messages

Hi, how's it going? I know you messaged us to let us know you're working in Xfinity Support direct messaging. Were they able to find a resolution?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here