U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, June 9th, 2024 8:33 PM

Old recordings won't delete

Why can't I delete some older tv recordings on tv recordings and recordings still waiting for you

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hey @user_f88949,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. I appreciate you sharing your experiences with us regarding the DVR service and some content not being deleted.

What exact error message are you encountering when trying to delete recordings? Are you trying to delete a single recording, multiple recordings, or all recordings at once? Are you also using the Xfinity Stream App to delete or using the physical DVR/Remote? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I am trying to delete them one by one.  Each one says that it is deleted but they are still on the TV.  A few of them says that they are deleted from 2023 but they are not either.  Don't know what is going on but I want them off, please

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

When you attempt to play the old and deleted content, is it still able to play or does an error populate? @user_f88949

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

It still plays even though I am trying to delete them

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

Device settings-sync DVR- Have you tried that?

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_f88949 Thank you for clarifying that for us. Can you also confirm if you are trying to delete from the cable box itself or via the Stream app?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here