jdifran's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 1:00 PM

Old Motorola HD-uDTA-M works, but new X1 TV box doesn't

We upgraded our service and I'm trying to replace an old Motorola HD-DTA100u set-top box with a new XiD-P (Pace PXD01ANI) box.  The old box works fine, and going into the settings it shows signal strength is "good" -- apparently the two possibilities are "good" and "poor" and it does not show a numeric signal strength.

When I connect the new X1 TV box, I get error RDK-03036 and rebooting the box does nothing.  Comcast sent us two of them, and I have tried both with the same results.

Cable comes in to an EVO-1-5-U/U powered splitter.  The Xfinity modem is on the modem port, the DVR and TV box are on other ports.  Internet works fine and the old (non-X1) DVR works fine.  The new X1 DVR arrives tomorrow, so we'll see if that one connects.

Any ideas other than having an Xfinity tech come out?

Responses

Accepted Solution

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

Wrong amp for X1 boxes. The boxes use moca to communicate and moca doesn’t pass through that model.
Either
-get the proper amp from tech or privately
-replace the amp with a splitter
-keep the amp and add a splitter which would feed your x1 boxes
CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

Yes that should be all. Unfortunately, wrong amp type is such a small detail, I wouldn’t expect customer service to pick up on it.Just make sure all boxes function properly before they leave

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

Thank you.  After a frustrating half-hour on the phone with a call center support person, we finally reached the point where they offered to send a tech, who will come out tomorrow.  At least I know what I can point them to when they get here - I expect they'll swap out the amp for the correct hardware.

New to the Community?

Start Here