SJLJR's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 8:00 PM

Notifications??

So how are we to know if we have "Notifications" on the X1 platform??   

According to my "Settings" I should be getting some signal that I have messages??  

Had I not gone to "Settings" a couple of weeks ago in an effort to correct one of numerous X1 issues that tent to crop up weekly, I would not have known that there a was a 3-5 day promotion on having access to a multitude of premium channels, specials, etc.   I was able to get in on the last day, which was just a tease...   

In my humble opinion, there should be some discreet indication, be it a light or signal that there are messages waiting!!   MOST people do not go to "Settings" unless there's a problem!!   

Please advise.

Sincerely,
SJLJR 

Responses

andyross

Silver Problem Solver

• 

6.9K Messages

6 m ago

There are several ways to check or see if there are notifications:

On the main menu, the little gear icon will have a blue dot if there are notifications (or due to a bug, if it THINKS there are notifications.)

While watching TV (not in an app), hit the LEFT arrow to pop up the notifications screen.

SJLJR

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

6 m ago

Thx, I'm very familiar with the Gear, just don't access very often, unless there's an issue!                         Will keep an eye out for the Blue Dot indicating there are notifications, that's what I wanted to know!    Thx, again!

New to the Community?

Start Here