U

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 12:59 PM

Normal channels require subscription

None of my regular channels are working they all say this channel requires subscription 

3 Messages

2 days ago

Same here.  Not a happy camper 

1 Message

2 days ago

Same in Maryland, Iran or Russia?

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

user_y2wb3r Are you seeing this error from the Xfinity Stream app or cable box/TV?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 days ago

I’m not getting any solutions.  Tried everything below.  On hold for 40+ minutes.  Arrggghhhh.  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good evening @user_tn79d0! We really appreciate your patience! Our engineers have provided a new update and stated restarting our cable boxes with these steps below should now successfully resolve this issue:

1. Press the A button on your remote control to access the Help menu.
  2. Press the OK button to select the Restart tile.
  3. Press the OK button again to select Restart.
  4. It may take a few moments for the TV Box to restart.

It can take up to 15 minutes after the restart for it to take full effect and resolve the issue. Please let us know if you are still having issues after re-attempting to restart your cable boxes today.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

2 days ago

Can’t get my normal channels. Message states I need a subscription. Did a chat with an Xfinity bot, got transferred to a live person. I was behind 3650 people. [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good evening @user_it9839! Our engineers have informed our team restarting the box should resolve this issue within 15 minutes. Please:

1. Press the A button on your remote control to access the Help menu.
  2. Press the OK button to select the Restart tile.
  3. Press the OK button again to select Restart.
  4. It may take a few moments for the TV Box to restart.

For more steps on restarting the equipment, we have this really handy article here! Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues after these steps. 

1 Message

2 days ago

I'm in Bucks County, PA. At approximately 2pm, our TV's all displayed "This requires a subscription", it was only NBC 10, Channel 810 for me. After waiting in line (I was number 952) for a live agent in chat, I was told to turn all the TV's off, the Agent was resetting my account & router on their end, uninstall all Xfinity Apps on my Android phone, wait 120 minutes, reinstall the Apps, log in again with my account information, turn the TV's on & the problem will have resolved itself. I followed ALL the instructions & I'm STILL getting that same darn message box on a black screen. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@user_4mzkkq​ There's a major Xfinity tv outage with cable and streaming services. I was told the problem would be fixed by 8pm EST but someone on this chat just gave an update that it might not get fixed until Friday. It seems like some people with cable boxes have gotten their service restored but those of us using the TV app (no cable box) still have no service. Very frustrating because it's been out most of the day. 

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

user_4mzkkq thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out today. Is this issue with channel programming still prevalent for you?

2 Messages

2 days ago

When they know the issue is from their end,  why don't they send out an email?  

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@user_ioq3i7​ Exactly! The only way I found out was by Googling the issue. 

1 Message

2 days ago

I had this issue. I signed out of my xfinity stream app and then signed back in. Went to the TV and my channels were back to normal 

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@user_jkkhya​ I just tried that but it didn't work for me. 

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

user_jkkhya thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here in the Community Forums page. Thank you for sharing your experience with your channels returning to normal for others to try on their end.

2 Messages

2 days ago

Here is how I resolved this issue.

• Press “A” on xfinity remote. Takes you to Tools menu.
  • Select “System Refresh”

Took several minutes but my channels came back online just in time for Falcons Game!

Hope this helps someone!

1 Message

2 days ago

Near Seattle. Been saying the subscription message since this morning. Went to live chat and was number 3709!!

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Ugh. When I went to the chat about 5 hours ago, I was number 1900 in the queue. I thought it would take forever but it only took about 20 minutes until I reached someone. I don't know how much good it did though, because he told me my service would be restored by 7:30 pm EST and it's now almost 10pm and is still down...  I wish someone from Xfinity would provide a realistic estimate of when this problem will get fixed. The only information I'm getting is from other customer posts in different chat rooms.

1 Message

2 days ago

Im having the same issue. Says subscription required for all channels. DVR works for viewing but not for recording. Bedroom box works fine.  Cannot get in touch with a live agent. Been trying for 2 hrs. 

Is everyone's cable box with issues a wireless box? Mine is. Bedroom is hard wired coax... frustrating...

1 Message

2 days ago

Does any one know on Xfinity Cable home services the Standard+more package if the Grio channel went to a more expensive package plan? Live agent got no live agent all it said was an outage in my area- which I do not have an outage. Channel reads. must have subscription to subscribe to this channel. 

1 Message

2 days ago

Still waiting, was told it would be repaired by 8:00pm.  

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Same here in MA. The problem must be pretty bad if the service has been down for 11 hours and is still out. I just wish they'd stop giving us restoration estimates that they probably know are wrong. 

4 Messages

2 days ago

Same here. Zip Code 22546

1 Message

2 days ago

Xfinity is [Edited: "Language"]. Customer service is absolute [Edited: "Language"]. No one has any idea whats going on let alone being impossible to understand, and act surprised every time you call, even though there's a national outage. Do they somehow not have a message board for employees for know issues?? Still make everyone go through their dumb [Edited: "Language"] reboot steps which NEVER work or fix a single issue, ever. 

(edited)

1 Message

2 days ago

Pressing xfinity button then settings icon then down to Help then System Refresh finally worked for me; other two televisions came on almost immediately and the one I was working from after Refresh System completed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here