re-bound's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, December 27th, 2023 7:03 AM

Closed

No sound The Weather Channel

No audio on the Weather Channel. All others are fine. I have 2 boxes and it is the same problem on both. I have reset SAP/turned it off and on, etc and reset/refreshed boxes. Any ideas?  Getting really tired of trying fixes per the chat assistant.

1 Message

9 months ago

Same problem for about a week..have tried reset, etc. It is not my television..it is either the weather channel or comcast...neither one seems interested I. Fixing...

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Greetings, @user_3v2h3w and thread! Thanks for letting us know that the audio has not been working on only The Weather Channel. The troubleshooting steps have been great with checking multiple boxes, other channels, sending signals, and toggling the SAP option. I checked and do not see this listed as a known issue. If you access the channel in the Xfinity Stream app do you hear audio there? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityRay​ Didferent user, but can confirm that we are only having the issue on our cable boxes, not when we stream. It is only on TWC as far as we can tell. Most commercials as well as the broadcast are affected, although this morning I noticed that what appeared to be a local commercial was absolutely fine. I thought the issue was fixed but as soon as the broadcast started again, the issue was back.

I am in NH. I see this being reported in PA and IL. It is obviously decently widespread and has been being reported for at least 2 weeks. I just reached out to The Weather Channel to report to them as well, with videos included. 

PLEASE get with TWC and fix this. From what we have reported, someone surely knows how to fix this. We have a big storm coming this weekend and need to be able to hear this channel.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

864 Messages

@user_7sdss9 We appreciate you looking into this further, and we are here to help. We can try some troubleshooting on my end if you want. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

9 months ago

No sound on mine except some intermittent sound today!

Official Employee

• 

864 Messages

@user_l46qfe Is this happening on just a specific channel or all of them? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

9 months ago

I have no idea why, but my issue fixed itself.  No rhyme or reason for any of it.  

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

9 months ago

I am in Chicago burb. Channel 270 WEAHD Weather Channel audio is messed up. Audio is constantly in and out with no relief for the past 5 minutes that I've been tuned in. Impossible to follow the dialog. This is non-stop with no relief. Video is OK but audio is totally hosed.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

9 months ago

At 11:20 PM Central Time, 12/30/2023:

Channel 270 WEAHD Weather Channel audio is still intermittently dropping out.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here so we can make sure the audio is working properly on the weather channel, @Biff-Tannon! What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? 

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

9 months ago

XfinityEmilyB,

What is there to troubleshoot? There's no cookies or cache to clear. The cable box updates and resets every night about 3 am.

There appears to be no intermittent audio problems on any of the other channels that I checked. If it was a bad connection issue, that would most likely affect other channels if not all channels.

The problem is specific to channel 270 as far as I can tell.

One other audio issue. Since forever, the video and audio sometimes are not in sync on HD channels. It's like the old Japanese kung fu movies where the audio and video are out of sync. But that's a whole different can of worms.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

I appreciate you trying to replicate the issue on different channels, @Biff-Tannon! Let's keep working on this. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

9 months ago

I checked every channel available (to me) from 180 to 370. Weather Channel is 270. The only channel I encountered with this audio issue was 270.

Strange thing, when it went to commercial break during "Highway Thru Hell", I noticed no audio issues. There were two different commercials with unaffected audio. After the commercials, when the program came back, the audio was intermittent.

On the following episode of "Highway Thru Hell" the audio was still intermittent. I saw two commercials on this episode with no apparent audio issues but other commercials had intermittent audio.

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@Biff-Tannon, we appreciate that additional information, were you able to get that direct message sent over to us to look into this issue further?

1 Message

I’m in Pa and have the same issue audio sounds like it’s clipping. Probably a encoder issue.

3 Messages

9 months ago

We are having the same issue, only on The Weather Channel as far as we can tell. The issue happens during their broadcasts as well as commercials on that channel. 

I have messaged TWC and will update here if I hear back from them. Super frustrating.

3 Messages

Update - we just checked and we do NOT have the issue when we stream from Xfinity. It is only when we use the cable box.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I am in Philly area and the audio only cuts in and out on TWC and only on the main DVR box. The mini box audio is fine. All other channels are fine. First storm of 2024 and can’t utilize TWC. 

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

@Twc911 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Community Forums. On your main DVR box, have you tried disconnecting the coaxial cable, and unplugging the power cord from its power source for about 30 seconds and then reconnecting everything? This step many times irons out kinks and may resolve the issue. 

1 Message

6 months ago

Here in Levittown, PA on 3.24.24. Same issues on weather channel for nearly a month. Has there been a remedy for this? If so, please advise as all troubleshooting efforts failed, and it appears to be on Xfinity's side with the signal. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @user_3h95v3 Thanks for letting us know that the audio has not been working on only The Weather Channel. I will be happy to look further into this. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here