joerf3's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, February 21st, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

'No signal' problem on TV

Hello,

I've been having a sporadic problem for the last several months with my Xfinity TV service and my Vizio TV - Model # E55-D0.

About every 7 - 14 days., when I turn on my Xfinity box and TV, I'll get a black screen with a "No Signal" message (all other times, the TV works fine). The blue power light does turn on on the Xfintiy box and when I press buttons on the remote, the green light lights as well so the box is on.   Pressing the power button on the box does nothing. The only way to solve the problem is to power cycle the Xfinity box - then everything works fine for a week or two.

I also have an Amazon Fire TV box and DVD player connected to the TV, both of these work fine when even when I'm have the problem with the Xfinity box.

I've had Comcast replace the box 3 times now, the last time was about 10 days ago and the problem just happened again yesteday.  I've also replaced all of my HDMI cables, twice. I've tried all three (3) HDMI ports on the TV for the Xfinity box too.

When the Comcast tech replaced my box the last time, he told me if the problem happens again, then it's a problem with the TV.

Has anyone else had any problems like this or have any suggestions?  My TV is only 2 1/2 years old and worked perfectly fine when I had DirecTV.

Thanks,

Joe

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Hello,

My box has a blue power ring.  

I do have the Power Save feature turned on - I'm turning it off as soon as I hit the 'Post' button below.

Thanks for the advice!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@joerf3 wrote:

Hello,

I've been having a sporadic problem for the last several months with my Xfinity TV service and my Vizio TV - Model # E55-D0.

About every 7 - 14 days., when I turn on my Xfinity box and TV, I'll get a black screen with a "No Signal" message (all other times, the TV works fine). The blue power light does turn on on the Xfintiy box and when I press buttons on the remote, the green light lights as well so the box is on.   Pressing the power button on the box does nothing. The only way to solve the problem is to power cycle the Xfinity box - then everything works fine for a week or two.

I also have an Amazon Fire TV box and DVD player connected to the TV, both of these work fine when even when I'm have the problem with the Xfinity box.

I've had Comcast replace the box 3 times now, the last time was about 10 days ago and the problem just happened again yesteday.  I've also replaced all of my HDMI cables, twice. I've tried all three (3) HDMI ports on the TV for the Xfinity box too.

When the Comcast tech replaced my box the last time, he told me if the problem happens again, then it's a problem with the TV.

Has anyone else had any problems like this or have any suggestions?  My TV is only 2 1/2 years old and worked perfectly fine when I had DirecTV.

Thanks,

Joe

if that is an XG1 version 1 (green power ring) it is ithe oldest and most limited DVR, current version is version 4 with 6 tuners, bluetooth, and very low power (no spinning hard drive, uses solid state drive). swap the old one out for the 4K DVR and be sure to turn 'off'' (leave feature off) the power save. should not have an issue then. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here