D

Friday, June 28th, 2024 5:29 PM

No "Bluetooth Options"

Affer getting the TV set up with Xfinity, I have it all set up and functioning. I am trying to connect a bluetooth device for my grandmother to hear better like we had before Xfinity TV but I have no bluetooth options like support says I should have. They updated the software and are claiming they don't understand the problem. No surprise because as most of you know, their support is horrific. 

Any users here have any ideas? I had it set up just fine via Hulu and other connections but not with Xfinity. Please advise. 

Craig

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @drumula, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. This link has information on how to pair your Bluetooth device with your X1 box https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-pair-tv-box-with-bluetooth. 

If you still have questions, please feel free to reach out. 

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

@XfinityKrista​ You are aware that those exact directions that do NOT work are the exact reason I wrote this post. I do NOT have the "bluetooth" option when I get there and therefore, I'm looking to find out why or how to get around it. Again, another employee that is not helping nor are you reading or understanding the real problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

drumula Have you tried rebooting the TV box? And toggling off and on the Bluetooth option on your device? What kind of device is it? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

2 months ago

Hi, I just ran into this same issue. You need to make sure you have an XG1v4 model DVR. Then you'll see the bluetooth option under Device-Audio menu. I now have that but I can't pair my iJoy headphones yet so I'm still working on that part :/

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here