wizard2301's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 29th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

new X1 box stuck on boot and 1pse

Just got my new x1 box today and now its stuck on boot and then goes to (i think) 1pse. Won't do anything after that. How do I handle this? Should I return the box for another one?

Yes my coneection are good. Yes I rebooted the system multiple times. Yes I have the right connections.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Is this a replacement box or brand new install?

Contributor

• 

350 Messages

4 years ago

@wizard2301

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I have experienced a similar problem.  Comcast offered to provide new TV boxes.  When they arrived the main box could not complete booting.  Received message that "We are having some trouble . . " and suggested restarting the box as that corrects most troubles.  Restarted several times and continued to get the same message.  Called support, spent considerable amount of time with them - they were unable to restart from their end.  They said the box was bad, should be exchanged.  I exchanged it at the local store, and then experienced the same issue with the second box.  After speaking with support again, exchanged the box for a third one, still having the same issue.

All connections are good.  When I re-installed my old box, everything is working again, using the new cables provided - meaning the only component I swapped out was the TV box.

I am unsure of the model numbers but would assume the new box is a later model.  Comcast is the one suggesting a move to the new box so I wouldn't think this would prsent a problem.

Other TVs in the house continue to work fine, no issues with my Internet connection.

Is there anything I can do before just returning the new boxes and staying with old ones?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@tlc249 wrote:

I have experienced a similar problem.  Comcast offered to provide new TV boxes.  When they arrived the main box could not complete booting.  Received message that "We are having some trouble . . " and suggested restarting the box as that corrects most troubles.  Restarted several times and continued to get the same message.  Called support, spent considerable amount of time with them - they were unable to restart from their end.  They said the box was bad, should be exchanged.  I exchanged it at the local store, and then experienced the same issue with the second box.  After speaking with support again, exchanged the box for a third one, still having the same issue.

All connections are good.  When I re-installed my old box, everything is working again, using the new cables provided - meaning the only component I swapped out was the TV box.

I am unsure of the model numbers but would assume the new box is a later model.  Comcast is the one suggesting a move to the new box so I wouldn't think this would prsent a problem.

Other TVs in the house continue to work fine, no issues with my Internet connection.

Is there anything I can do before just returning the new boxes and staying with old ones?

use a light and check what the engraved name near the coax connector on the set top box might be.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Hi - Don't see a number engraved over or near the coax input; but did find the following (apologies for not seeing this earlier):

ARRIS Group, Inc.

MODEL: AX013ANM

(This is on the new box)

Thanks!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@tlc249 wrote:

Hi - Don't see a number engraved over or near the coax input; but did find the following (apologies for not seeing this earlier):

ARRIS Group, Inc.

MODEL: AX013ANM

(This is on the new box)

Thanks!

it should be labelled similar to out to TV or in from wall?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

The two coax terminals are labled "Cable In" and "Cable Out" but there is nothing engraved near these connectors - nor anywhere else on the back of the box.

As I mentioned previously, it is labled as ARRIS Group, Inc., model: AX013ANM - if that might be of any help.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@tlc249 wrote:

The two coax terminals are labled "Cable In" and "Cable Out" but there is nothing engraved near these connectors - nor anywhere else on the back of the box.

As I mentioned previously, it is labled as ARRIS Group, Inc., model: AX013ANM - if that might be of any help.

is the coax connected to the cable in coax connector? you may have a bad DVR (newer version is a 4k xg1v4)

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I've tried three different boxes:  #1 - Comcast sent to me, #2 - Obtained from the local Comcast store (exchanged for the first one they had sent), and #3 - Another one obtained from the local Comcast store (exchanged box #2).  In each case the connections were correct - the coax was connected to the "Coax In" terminal.  I doubled checked the connections for all three boxes.

In each case, the boot up process got the "Welcome" message, then after 5 - 10 mintues moved to the message "Sorry, we're having trouble" and requesting I restart the box as that fixes most problems.  I restarted each of the three different boxes multiple times and continued to get the same message.

Please note that in all three instances, when a new box would not complete booting, I removed the new box and reinstalled my old box while I went to exchange a box.  In every case the old box booted fine.

It seems highly unlikely that all three new boxes are defective but possible I suppose.  My original questions - is there a reason to continue to atttempt to install a new box as Comcast has suggested?  Or should I just forget this and stay with my old box?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@tlc249 wrote:

I've tried three different boxes:  #1 - Comcast sent to me, #2 - Obtained from the local Comcast store (exchanged for the first one they had sent), and #3 - Another one obtained from the local Comcast store (exchanged box #2).  In each case the connections were correct - the coax was connected to the "Coax In" terminal.  I doubled checked the connections for all three boxes.

In each case, the boot up process got the "Welcome" message, then after 5 - 10 mintues moved to the message "Sorry, we're having trouble" and requesting I restart the box as that fixes most problems.  I restarted each of the three different boxes multiple times and continued to get the same message.

Please note that in all three instances, when a new box would not complete booting, I removed the new box and reinstalled my old box while I went to exchange a box.  In every case the old box booted fine.

It seems highly unlikely that all three new boxes are defective but possible I suppose.  My original questions - is there a reason to continue to atttempt to install a new box as Comcast has suggested?  Or should I just forget this and stay with my old box?

what is the model of the 'old' box that works? is it a DTA? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

The old box, which still works, is a Motorola, model DCX3400.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

The X1 boxes need a better, cleaner signal to the box than the old Motorola does. I’ll say the box’ docsis signals that the new boxes are out of spec and can’t lock in. Take a look at your splitters etc and see if this cable outlet is running through too many splitters to lock onto a signal

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

The cable goes through a one-to-three splitter where it enters the house.  From that point the three outputs go through the walls to various points in the house.  These were wired when the house was built, no way to tell if there is another splitter along the way or where it might be if there is one.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

How much equipment do you have?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

One DVR box, one additional TV box, and one TV adapter.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here