M

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 10th, 2022 12:34 PM

Closed

New tv box replacement appears to be same as the current one

After responding to a prompt on my TV that I needed a new x1 tv box, the one received appears to be the same as the current one per below:

Current box: Model <edit>

New box: Model <edit>

Can someone please verify? If the new box is the same I would like to return it.

Thanks,

Edit-serial number on equipment

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity Forums. The box may look the same however the software may be updated. Have you installed the new cable box?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I reached out to tech support and, based on the model numbers, they confirmed the boxes were the same. The "new" box was a replacement for and old CISCO box which was on a shelf, pending disposition instructions from xFinity. The CISCO box was returned to the local xFinity store along with the "new" box.

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

To confirm then you do still need a new cable box or a different cable box? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Nothing needed at this time unless I am due a bill credit. 

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

Did the box look like this? The Arris XG1v4 DVR TV Box. ARRIS XG1v4  (from https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box)

If so they have a lot of them they are trying to get rid of judging by other forum users who got one without asking!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification on that @mudcatgrant, we are glad to hear that everything has been taken care of. Should you need assistance with anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to make a new post here. Our entire community is available to you at all times to ensure you get the help you need. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here