New Receiver with Xfinity
I have a new Yamaha RX-A2A Receiver. Xfinity X1 cable plugged into in HDMI 1. Fire TV 4k stick in HDMI 2. Chromecast in HDMI 3.
Connected to 65" LG OLED TV.
Everything works until I switch from either the Fire TV stick or Chromecast back to the HDMI 1 - Xfinity cable box. What happens is that all control of the cable box is lost (no channel change, no guide, etc) unless I reboot the cable box. The last channel previously on will come on with video and sound when I switch back to HDMI 1, but no control. Once the cable box is rebooted all control is returned, until I switch HDMI inputs again. This happens about 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time, when switching to HDMI 1, everything works fine.
Also, one thing I noticed is that when everything is working, the receiver shows "Xfinity" on the screen. When it is not working it says "STB box".
Anyone have any ideas? It's a real pain having to reboot since Xfinity box takes about 5+ minutes to complete.