D

Sunday, May 5th, 2024 3:57 PM

New gateway causes tv pixelation

Installed new gateway after receiving email from xfinity offering it because of new speeds. Installed it. Now, tv pixelates every 30-45 seconds and lasts several seconds so you miss what you’re watching. Spent 35 minutes with their robot on their app. No solution. Talked to a rep on the phone. Couldn’t get him to understand the problem. The problem is not the tv or cable box. It’s the new gateway causing problems! They want to send a tech out, but I refuse to pay for it. It’s their fault! Going to put our old modem back in.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

4 months ago

Hello, @DMaxl please let us know if you continue to have issues after restoring your old modem. We are here to assist. 

1 Message

2 months ago

Experiencing the same problem!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_75x2bv. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your TV service. Are you seeing the pixelation on live TV or on a recorded show?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

2 months ago

For about a month now we have the same issue with our Vizio Smartcast QLED TV.  Not sure if this is related to the recent work/upgrades XFINITY has done in my town? A technician came out on 7/5/24 and changed the splitter, installed new cable lines, tested everything, and then some but we're still having distortion/tiling/flickering/pixilation/interference issues. We even upgraded our DVR box to a 4K DVR (XG1v4) but that didn't help. Another technician is coming out this Thursday, hopefully it'll be resolved. If not, we may try to install a new xFi Gateway modem/router. If that doesn't work then the technician will put in a ticket to possibly repair/replace the cable line from the utility pole to the house. This is so frustrating!

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

My issue was resolved. The technician installed a new xFi Gateway modem/router but that didn't take care of the issue.  He then took us off of the splitter from the utility pole and put in a new line from the pole to the house, which took care of the issue.  I haven't had any issue for over a month now.

1 Message

9 days ago

I also was sent a message to upgrade to the new modem and did so this August. The first problem was that I did not have an upgraded phone so could not download the Xfinity ap. After installing the new modem (with assistance over the phone), the pixelation began. I am a teacher and do not have time to exchange this faulty modem for the original nor do I have time or money for a home visit. Customers have indicated problems with the upgrade for a year!  I am so very sorry that I "upgraded."

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

My issue was resolved. The technician installed a new xFi Gateway modem/router but that didn't take care of the issue.  He then took us off of the splitter from the utility pole and put in a new line from the pole to the house, which took care of the issue.  I haven't had any issue for over a month now.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_j7hndg Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for reaching out so we can make sure your service is working properly. I know it's difficult to find spare time to troubleshoot service issues with all your responsibilities as a teacher, so I want to help you from here :). 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_2p867a I'm glad to hear the issue has been fully resolved. Thanks for the update. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here