U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jun 9, 2021 7:53 PM

New cable box not working

We received a new DVR which doesn’t seem to be working. It powers up but does not send any video signal to the television. The old box works using all the same connections (hdmi), so I am fairly certain the problem is with this new unit. Maybe you know something I don’t know and would like to save me a trip to the store.

Official Employee

• 

132 Messages

4 m ago

Hello @user_77ab31! I appreciate you reaching out about your new cable box and getting it activated. We want to make sure the new equipment is working properly! Are you receiving any error messages or error codes when turning on the cable box? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 m ago

It was apparently a problem with box. We went to the store and replaced it. That solved that problem.

Thanks for responding.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 m ago

And to answer your question, there were no error messages.

My assumption is that it was a bad HDMI port.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I am having same problem, any suggestions?

XfinityAmir

Official Employee

• 

6.5K Messages

Hi user_d18afa, it sounds like you may need a new cable box but to be sure let's do some testing from my end of things before we think about a replacement. To get started on this could you please send us a private message with your full name and street address? 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I'm having a similar problem. We had a box go out in Aug and exchanged ot for another. Came home & set up using all of the same cables, but only get an error page  (video signal has been interrupted. error code 225)

Ive' tried several times to figure out the trouble; even took the box from another room in to check and the low quality box (without the dvr) works fine in there.

We need the upgraded box because it's for the guest room and the holidays are coming now, so I have to fix this! Please help if you can! Thx

This reply has been converted into a post

Official Employee

• 

345 Messages

Hi there, @user_089c42. Let's ensure we get your box working properly for you. Does the coax line running to the cable box have a splitter on the line? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here