U

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024 3:28 PM

Closed

New 4k box

I swapped so many boxes last year and finally settled on the last 4k box. Everything is fine except for playback dvr. It’s pixelated, smart resume is off and yes everything is connected correctly. Had a tech out a couple of months ago to switch my Gateway to a new location. He said “hang on to that box”. I can no longer stand watching pixelated dvr recordings. They are Not pixelated on app. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

6 months ago

Hey @user_475078 thank you for reaching out about this ongoing issue for you. Since the gateway relocation, how has your internet connectivity been? This is only happening on live TV recordings and not any OnDemand content, correct? 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Everything is great except PLAYBACK DVR. Been since I got it last June. Just fed up now!  Keep get recycled [Edit: Language] boxes that always have a problem. This was the best of the worst. Shouldn’t have to pay so much [Edit: Inflammatory]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

I understand how that can be frustrating @user_475078

Do you have any third-party equipment (ex: VCR, DVD player, RF Modulator) in between the wall plate and the video device or between the video device and the television?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

No Just the box……… 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Last year I got 4-5 boxes within a month and just settled for the best of the worst as I already stated. Your service tech said there was no problem but it was the box and the techs don’t carry the 4k boxes.    

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_475078, Have you had the 4K box swapped out since confirming it was the box? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here