Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024 4:28 AM

Netflix won't open

I can open prime and peacock, but Netflix won't open 

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

24 days ago

Hi User,

Last few days this has been wonky for me as well. Sometimes opens on a second try. Also you might power-on, power-off your box to clean out the memory gunk. 

I feel that these X1 boxes, now, what, ?7 or 8 years old?, barely have enough memory or CPU to run modern apps. We mostly use a cheap Chromecast device on HDMI2 to watch Netflix, Prime, Max, Disney+, etc. It is only about 50 bucks and is kept pretty well up to date, And if it gets obsolete, we'll get the current version at Best Buy for another 50 bucks. Bada bing, bada boom. 

It would be nice if Comcast would release a modern cable box. It would be nice if I had a million dollars and Charlize Theron was my girlfriend. 

Good luck. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

22 days ago

user_i81okt Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. If you are able to access Prime Video and Peacock, but encounter difficulties opening Netflix, several factors may be at play. First and foremost, verify that your Netflix subscription is active and up to date. Next, ensure your internet connection is stable and functioning correctly. If you're utilizing Xfinity X1, confirm you possess a compatible TV Box and a subscription to Netflix's Premium Plan for 4K Ultra HD access. If the problem persists, reaching out to Netflix's customer support team for additional guidance may be necessary.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here