Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm also experiencing the exact same issue in Michigan.  Netflix app stutters when played through Comcast X1.  No problems with other video sources or when playing Netflix through Blu-Ray.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Hi, pandora69. Please send me a private message with the requested information so I can assist you further.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same problem with X1 box here in MA. All other Netflix apps on other boxes are fine. Started about 3-4 weeks ago. Tried box reset, didn’t work. Hard to believe Comcast hasn’t resolved yet. Hardly and isolated incident based on this string....

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Same problem here.  Started about 4 weeks ago when watching Netflix through the Netflix app on my X1 DVR.  Does not happen when using the Netflix app on my XiD-P box or when watching Netflix through my bluray.  Stutters every 10 seconds or so.  Spoke with 3 different Xfinity departments and they said all tests looked good.  Sent out a technician who replaced my box.  I still have the stutter. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Same problem here in Denver.  It started about the same time as everybody else.  It would be nice if Xfinity could pinpoint the time when it all went bad, and see what change they made on that day.

I wouldn't be surprised it they tried to throw on some bandwidth limiting or something, and didn't realize the problem because the video quality other than the stuttering still looks fine.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Same issue in CO. Only happens on main X1 box. Does not happen on satellite boxes or PC or DVD, just main xfinity box. Slight glitch every 10 seconds or so. Been going on for about a month. Tried resetting Netflix and box, did not resolve. All other settings are ok.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Try Narcos Mexico on Netflix. The stutter occurred for me in both episodes 1 and 2. I watched Trevor Noah Son of Patricia last night and there wasn't any stutter problem. Maybe it specific to certain shows/video. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

I responded to Morgan.  He said everything looked fine from his end so he opened a ticket.   I got a call from xfinity telling me to reset netflix which I had previously told them I already performed.   They seem very determined not to accept the fact it is something they did to the X1 DVR software.  I told them I already reset Netflix, unplugged X1, rebooted X1, changed cables, moved box to another room where non DVR X1 worked fine and even had the X1 DVR box swapped out with a new one and problem still there.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

6 years ago

It's various shows.  Has anyone responded to Comcast Morgan with the information he requested?  If so, Comcast Morgan, what have you found?  This needs to get fixed sooner or later and I am throughly convinced that it's on Comcast's end and not ours.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

tech came out today. Replaced my box with a much smaller one.  Netflix starts up faster and doesn't stutter anymore.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Tooky61 ~ If your premise passes signal level tests, the process is to have this looked into and researched further on our end by opening up a request. We are not necessarily saying it's an issue on your end. We're seeing a trend and opening up service requests at this time to follow the trouble you're experiencing. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

same here,,, Boynton Beach FL  

started about a week ago  mid nov 2018

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@davesherman10 wrote:

Same problem here in Denver.  It started about the same time as everybody else.  It would be nice if Xfinity could pinpoint the time when it all went bad, and see what change they made on that day.

I wouldn't be surprised it they tried to throw on some bandwidth limiting or something, and didn't realize the problem because the video quality other than the stuttering still looks fine.

Does it happen with any content you select?  I want to run a test with my DVR.

As far as I can tell, it has happened with everything that I've watched since early November.

Making a Murderer Season 2

Creep 2  (movie)

Requiem Season 1

and probably a few other things here and there

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

This is happening with my X1 Box as well and started about the same time as everyone else with the same symptoms.  Netflix works fine on my Roku and XBOX One.  I hope it gets fixed because it was convenient to use Netflix from the Xfinity box.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for posting an update, Orampc. Much appreciated! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here