Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

***Validated Best Answer as of 02/25/19***

Hi everyone. The current fix that is in place for the Netflix app issue is still to swap the existing DVR out for a 4K box, so long as it is fitting for you with any 3rd party audio equipment that you may have. This is something you will need to private message me for, including your name in the private message. Please do not go into your local store to do this, they may not have the appropriate equipment on inventory. Please be aware, that fix is only for those who are experiencing a Netflix stutter on the X1 box Netflix app only. For those of you experiencing other service problems outside of the X1 Netflix app issue on the DVR specifically, there is going to be a different course of action for you. In that case, please create your own post instead of replying in this thread. We will assist you accordingly from there. Thank you. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Galvin wrote:

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

do you have more than one set top box? if so, same issue on the other(s)?

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

Just one box

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

Yes everything is fine, I did notice some minor stutter thru streaming ondemand stuff.  But not as bad as netflix

My shows that I recorded play back with no issues.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Hi, Galvin. Thanks for posting and for letting us know what you've already done to try and solve this. Has anything physically changed at your premise recently, like moving the box to a different cable out? Have you checked your cable cord connections? Even the slightest adjustment can make a big difference. I imagine all of the other services work fine through the box, besides Netflix?

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

I just wanted to add that I too have noticed the same Netflix stutter on my X1 box begining approximately a couple of weeks ago.  I have another TV thats gets its Netflix via direct network and it does not stutter at all.  I thought it might be useful to know that it is happening to others.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm having the same issue and it started about 2 weeks ago. I've tried all the cable connection tips had a Comcast technician come to my house replace the TV box and still see the same issue. The technician acknowledged there is an issue with the Netflix app but it doesn't seem to be consistent in all regions. I'm in Napa and have this issue.

If I use my Blu-ray player to launch the Netflix app I do not have any stuttering issues.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

6 years ago

Same issue here.  I specifically searched in this forum to see if it was just me, and now I see it's not.  Now the question is, is it a signal problem, or is my X1 box going bad.  I've also noticed some glitches in my recordings lately.  Could it be the hard drive?  But that shouldn't affect Netflix, right?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

There are a few potential contributing factors. We handle accounts all across the US and I checked our national board that we have and keep updated and it's not a known issue. Clearly you all are having problems with this box application, but what is causing it for one person isn't necessarily causing it for another person. For issues like this, we generally check premise signal strength, splitters, cable box firmware, things like that. It's generally not a hardware issue. How long has this been going on for everyone, about two weeks then?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Galvin ~ I wouldn't recommend swapping out the box, as it's unlikely swapping hardware would fix this issue. You're welcome to send me a private message with your name so I can check your cable box firmware and view a few other diagnostics on this end.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

I'll just swap the box out for another one.  This box is new just got it this summer.  But thats the best way to rule out an issue.  If it happens on the new box, then its something else. But eliminating the box as the problem is the next best for me to do. I'll get back when I've done this.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

I have just updated/replaced my XG1-A to a brand new XG1v4 (not because of the Netflix stutter, but rather for the 4k) and my SD Netflix no longer stutters.  And 4k Netflix does not stutter either. (of course the XG1-A could not do 4k so that is not offered as a comparison)  I don't know if that helps any for troubleshooting.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am currently experiencing the same issue.  Only on my X1 box, not when I use my Apple Tv on the same set.  Any suggestions?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Been having the same issue with Netflix for about 3 weeks.  Only happens on the main X1 box.  If anyone finds a solution please post.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here