Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@TerriB after a swap nothing is physically downloaded, it is access to those 60 hours of recording that is given. The only thing physically on the hard drive of the DVR after a swap is the recordings made from the time of swap going forward. The cloud recordings are not just for traveling, if a physical recording fails, the cloud copy takes its place

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

I love all this DVR box vs cloud talk but all Comcast needs to do is fix the Netflix problem!  I was told by an employee on the phone that it would be fixed by the end of January.  Nope!  Then Morgan stated they were working on it, maybe and all we get is well you can switch out your box and retain 60 hours of your recordings.  Just fix it!

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ComcastAndrew

@CCAndrew wrote:
@Galvin
It’s not all recordings that you have access to after a box swap, it’s the last 60 hours of recordings made.

Andrew....can you clear this up please. 60 hours of DVR recordings that were on the DVR hard drive would download to a new DVR hard drive or just to the cloud for viewing on other than a TV? This has always been foggy.

I've done one X1 swap and it appeared the Cloud did not copy to the new DVR; they just stayed in the Cloud and were accessible from there.

Thanks RobertWy....Orampc says all his were copied back to his box after the swap and Andrew indicated that they are only  accessible on the cloud but then told Orampc only 60 hours would copy back to the box so my head is spinning. I can't believe that some users see their recordings copied back to a new box and some don't....jeez

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Orampc wrote:

I switched boxes serveral times.  Every time the content from my old box was automatically copied to my new box.  It seems like it works for some people but not for others?

Not according to what Andrew just posted.....this is why I am confused

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
@TerriB after a swap nothing is physically downloaded, it is access to those 60 hours of recording that is given. The only thing physically on the hard drive of the DVR after a swap is the recordings made from the time of swap going forward. The cloud recordings are not just for traveling, if a physical recording fails, the cloud copy takes its place

Orampc said all his DVR recordings were copied to the new box (aka hard drive) and you responded to him that its only 60 hours and  in another message to him you stated that its 'access' to those 60 hours of recordings that is available which says to me that they are not on the hard drive but are on the cloud. See why I am so confused? They are either copied back to the box (hard drive) or they are not....please explain.....which is it and if is only the access to the recordings how is that Orampc sees his on the new box?  I apologize for saying the cloud recordings are used when people travel. Its true but of course many use phones and tablets to view recordings rather than the TV .

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

The cloud recordings after a swap are listed in the same fashion as the physical recordings(same list). Since orampc didn’t state how many, just “all”, it would be safe to assume they were at the 60 hour limit or under. Remember, it looks like the recordings are physically there but they’re not, it’s just “accessible” from the cloud through the dvr
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
The cloud recordings after a swap are listed in the same fashion as the physical recordings(same list). Since orampc didn’t state how many, just “all”, it would be safe to assume they were at the 60 hour limit or under. Remember, it looks like the recordings are physically there but they’re not, it’s just “accessible” from the cloud through the dvr
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

Andrew...the fog may be lifting.  Lets say I have to swap out my box. How will the recordings from the old hard drive that are now only on the cloud appear on the new box  recording list when I go to watch ? Will they look like they did before  or will they be "On Demand" which would eliminate the option of FF. Just trying to visualize what we would see on the DVR and how they would 'operate'  after a swap for those 60 hours of recordings.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
@TerriB
Like I posted above, the Cloud DVR recordings are part of the physical recordings, you won’t notice a difference.
So you can visualize for yourself, pick a 30 minute show and record it and then unplug your DVR., plug it back in when it’s over. That recording will be a cloud recording because the physical DVR wasn’t working(another good reason to have the cloud is for when the physical DVR fails, which was where this thread started because of).

Ok thanks...I am not going to get any further into this.  Yes this discussion did start with a failed DVR and that would be my situation ( God forbid) as I would not voluntarily swap for the new 4K box as it would not enhance our experience.  We did have a failed DVR many years ago but it was long before the cloud and we lost dozens of recordings...nightmare.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@TerriB
Like I posted above, the Cloud DVR recordings are part of the physical recordings, you won’t notice a difference.
So you can visualize for yourself, pick a 30 minute show and record it and then unplug your DVR., plug it back in when it’s over. That recording will be a cloud recording because the physical DVR wasn’t working(another good reason to have the cloud is for when the physical DVR fails, which was where this thread started because of).

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5K Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm experiencing stuttering on the Netflix app on my X1 box. I've had the X1 box for a few years now, and I'm assuming I just need to trade it in for a new one. It looks like this is a known existing issue... Thanks again Comcast!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, FeeWeasel. Thank you for posting publicly first, we appreciate that. Welcome to the community by the way! There is a known issue with Netflix on certain models of X1 DVR boxes. I saw your private message and I will be replying back shortly to discuss box swap options. Shipping will be $15. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

Shipping will be $15.00, isn't that special.  How about fixing the problem?  The last we heard from Comcast was back in February.  I can get TDS service and that is looking better and better.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

I think it’s obvious by now that Comcast has no interest in solving the issue or is unable to do so, probably the former.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@mfrank1 wrote:
I think it’s obvious by now that Comcast has no interest in solving the issue or is unable to do so, probably the former.

I suspect part of  the problem is that the majority of Netflx users have no issues.  Have you tried the Netflix reset?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-frozen

Thanks for your input, Robert. I've reset EVERYTHING multiple times, replaced my box and had all my wiring checked and some of it replaced in three home visits.  Indications of an upcoming fix posted on this board have never come to fruition.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here