Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

TiredRetired ~ I cannot see the photo because it's pending approval by our Community Manager. I will get with them to have this expedited and will reach back out to you shortly. 

Make sure you have reset the Netflix app as well, thunderwalker. If you continue to experience problems, please send me a private message with your name. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

So just for fun I did a hard reboot of box and still stutter crazy

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Please follow these steps: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-frozen even though you're not experiencing a frozen screen. That has fixed this problem for several employees and customers. It's not guaranteed to work in your case, but please attempt it and let me know the result. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

How do I reset it?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

I understand, TerriB. I remember working with you in a private message. If you change your mind and would like me to open a research request for you or send out a 4K DVR box to you, I can do that. Thank you. 

I'll be here if you need me, thunderwalker.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

Okay will try

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello again everyone. I just wanted to provide an update, as this has been a continued investigation for a couple months now. I now have a separate incident request created for this and it's being looked at and monitored at a high level as we speak. For those of you who have already sent me private messages, great. That helped a lot with gathering enough info and getting enough examples of this problem. For those of you that haven't sent me a PM and are still experiencing this problem, additional private messages are no longer needed at this time. Once I have an additional update for you guys regarding this fix (beyond the swap to a 4K box) I will post another update here. Thank you all very much. 

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hello again everyone. I just wanted to provide an update, as this has been a continued investigation for a couple months now. I now have a separate incident request created for this and it's being looked at and monitored at a high level as we speak. For those of you who have already sent me private messages, great. That helped a lot with gathering enough info and getting enough examples of this problem. For those of you that haven't sent me a PM and are still experiencing this problem, additional private messages are no longer needed at this time. Once I have an additional update for you guys regarding this fix (beyond the swap to a 4K box) I will post another update here. Thank you all very much. 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Of course. Thank you for hanging in there, I know it has not been easy. 

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

TiredRetired ~ I cannot see the photo because it's pending approval by our Community Manager. I will get with them to have this expedited and will reach back out to you shortly. 

Make sure you have reset the Netflix app as well, thunderwalker. If you continue to experience problems, please send me a private message with your name. 

Thank you, thank you & thank you!!!  Very much appreciated.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

My pleasure. Thank you all! I will keep you guys posted as further updates come through.

Hi again, thunderwalker. I saw your screenshot come through and you will need to sign in to be able to send me a private message. Once you do that, you should see the envelope icon. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I just received a call from Comcast Tech Support. The tech re-booted my DVR and my modem. We logged in and out of Netflix and reset the app. No change, still stuttering like crazy. The tech told me they were not aware of a Netflix issue on their end and want to send out a technician to have a look. I agreed, but told her it was probably a waste of time. We'll see what happens tomorrow. BTW, Netflix is still running fine on my Samsung DVR and on streaming on my iMac.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@mvyk wrote:

I just received a call from Comcast Tech Support. The tech re-booted my DVR and my modem. We logged in and out of Netflix and reset the app. No change, still stuttering like crazy. The tech told me they were not aware of a Netflix issue on their end and want to send out a technician to have a look. I agreed, but told her it was probably a waste of time. We'll see what happens tomorrow. BTW, Netflix is still running fine on my Samsung DVR and on streaming on my iMac.

do you mean your samsung TV that uses the beta Stream TV app?

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

Well tried resetting betflix app and nothing still stuttering maybe even a bit worse now

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@thunderwalker wrote:
Well tried resetting betflix app and nothing still stuttering maybe even a bit worse now

is that set top box an X1 DVR version 4 (no clock on the front)?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here