Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

Just an FYI :  You can get an adapter that extracts audio from HDMI to Optical and/or analog audio.  Of course we should not have to do this and I would be very upset if Comcast offered this as a solution to me.  (I wouldn’t expect Comcast to even mention this for this reason)  I did use this solution for a short time a while back.  But I recently replaced my TV and it has optical pass through so I no longer need it.  I hope no one gets upset at me just for mentioning it. Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

No, it just as the two HDMI ports. It doesn't have the digital optical or RCA ports like the older boxes. That is the reason I returned it to Comcast.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

The reviews I read regarding these adapters are mixed, with some people unable to get 5.1 consistently out of them.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

@mvyk wrote:

Comcast sent me a new 4K box, but it only has 2 HDMI ports. My system is older and I need the additional outputs for my sound bar as well. Needless to say, the 4K box went back to Comcast and I'm watching Netflix on my Samsung Blu-ray.

Do you recall if the 4K box also had analog audio/video outputs (RCA cables) like the old DVR boxes?  I use those outputs, as well.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

@mvyk wrote:

No, it just as the two HDMI ports. It doesn't have the digital optical or RCA ports like the older boxes. That is the reason I returned it to Comcast.

Thanks.  Isn't it just like Comcast to reduce functionality in their "updated" boxes.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I'm a former home theater system designer and I've never been a big fan of using aftermarket splitters. Thus, I'm keeping my old box and hope Comcast can figure out what the heck is going on.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

I also agree that it is getting worse, and would have the same audio output issue as others if I switched to the 4K box.

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

There is no new news for this at this time. For those of you new to the forums, you will need to post at least one time publicly, in order to attempt sending me a private message. Thank you. 

I have 875 Posts and been a member here two months shy of 10 years.  One would think that would qualify me to be able to PM.  However, I cannot so I shall overcome.  As for Netflix, well,  those really nice old Roku 2's are selling for well under 20 bucks on Ebay with free shipping.  One of those will soon have my name on it.  Just not worth the hassle to wait ad infinitum for a fix.  

See, here is the thing that really gets me.  Once the posts started rolling in from different people from all over USA describing the same problem, I would think that some, certain employees within the Comcast organization would have at least raised an eyebrow to the possibility of a issue.  Given that this issue has surfaced not long after a major softward update, there should at least have been a few uh-oh moments.   Now fast forward 3 months and six pages on this thread and not only are we still discussing this issue, but the blame is going back and forth between Comcast and Netflix, who by the way, both just gave themselves rate hikes to make themselves more profitable.  That is good, so one would think there would be more money to fix this issue, but instead, according to some of the latest posts, the issue is actually getting worse, not better.  

It should at least be readily apparent to all concerned with Comcast why our level of frustration is reaching its limits.   

Cheers, mates. 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@TiredRetired wrote:

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

There is no new news for this at this time. For those of you new to the forums, you will need to post at least one time publicly, in order to attempt sending me a private message. Thank you. 

I have 875 Posts and been a member here two months shy of 10 years.  One would think that would qualify me to be able to PM.  However, I cannot so I shall overcome.  As for Netflix, well,  those really nice old Roku 2's are selling for well under 20 bucks on Ebay with free shipping.  One of those will soon have my name on it.  Just not worth the hassle to wait ad infinitum for a fix.  

See, here is the thing that really gets me.  Once the posts started rolling in from different people from all over USA describing the same problem, I would think that some, certain employees within the Comcast organization would have at least raised an eyebrow to the possibility of a issue.  Given that this issue has surfaced not long after a major softward update, there should at least have been a few uh-oh moments.   Now fast forward 3 months and six pages on this thread and not only are we still discussing this issue, but the blame is going back and forth between Comcast and Netflix, who by the way, both just gave themselves rate hikes to make themselves more profitable.  That is good, so one would think there would be more money to fix this issue, but instead, according to some of the latest posts, the issue is actually getting worse, not better.  

It should at least be readily apparent to all concerned with Comcast why our level of frustration is reaching its limits.   

Cheers, mates. 

==

So well written and factual. There have been many instances of features going haywire that have been reported from all over the country and many occur after system updates but yet Comcast has pointed to localized or equip related causations and ask us individually to  document  detailed examples such as  inability to delete programs, series not being recorded and other issues many of us had but no explanations of what happened was ever given. Even when widely reported/documented/discussed that  problems are not local or equip related as you so eloquently described there is no admission of 'why' and no resolution.  We are still living with basic interface features that have been gone for years such as real slo mo/frame by frame/recording buffer/remote recording.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

5 years ago

I am in the SF Bay Area, CA.  I first noticed the stutter 2 days ago when a program that I always record the morning before had the problem.  The recorded program did it again the next day.  This is a regular Network TV program that I watch all the time.  Weird that it would start here a couple of days ago when it looks like the problem has been around for a few months. 

***** Someone mentioned that the problem had been solved, I restarted my box and the problem is now gone.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

I was the second person in this thread to report Netflix stutter back in 11-12-2018.  I replaced my old XG1-A box with a brand new XG1v4 box (4k box) 2 days later and that fixed my Netflix stutter.  All was well until a couple of days ago when I too have noticed recordings are now stuttering as Vickig46 has reported.  I am in Northern Illinois.  My Netflix is still stutter free as are my live TV channels.  It only recorded TV channels that stutter now.  I don’t know if On-Demand stutters or not but my On-Demand video quality is so poor I don’t watch On-Demand any more.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@rhagen wrote:

I was the second person in this thread to report Netflix stutter back in 11-12-2018.  I replaced my old XG1-A box with a brand new XG1v4 box (4k box) 2 days later and that fixed my Netflix stutter.  All was well until a couple of days ago when I too have noticed recordings are now stuttering as Vickig46 has reported.  I am in Northern Illinois.  My Netflix is still stutter free as are my live TV channels.  It only recorded TV channels that stutter now.  I don’t know if On-Demand stutters or not but my On-Demand video quality is so poor I don’t watch On-Demand any more.

On Demand did not stutter/freeze,etc and neither did live TV this week.........it was DVR recordings that went haywire. Totally different from the Netflix stutter.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Vickig46 wrote:

I am in the SF Bay Area, CA.  I first noticed the stutter 2 days ago when a program that I always record the morning before had the problem.  The recorded program did it again the next day.  This is a regular Network TV program that I watch all the time.  Weird that it would start here a couple of days ago when it looks like the problem has been around for a few months. 

The Netflix stutter has been around a long time and still exists. The skipping and freezing problem on  regular network this week was a nationwide problem and appears to have been fixed last night.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

Yep, my recorded shows are no longer stuttering too.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

5 years ago

As someone mentioned the problem that I had with the stutter has been fixed.  I rebooted the box and all is good.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here