Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM'ing.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

Also having the issue with the free trial of Acorn TV as mentioned in an earlier post. So it’s happening with Netflix and Acorn. Everything else including Amazon Prime works fine.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks @ComcastChe. I PM’d you.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

You're welcome. I'll pick it up now. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @Jbutler333

I can assist you as well. Since you have created a public post now, you should be able to send a private message now. To message @ComcastMorgan or myself, click on our name, then click send a message on the right side. 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Hi, I am having the same issue with the Netflix stutter, in Chicago. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps listed here. I’m unable to PM you ComcastMorgan, as when I select your name, I don’t see an option to message you. Please advise. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Bill2489, that, or I can ship one if that's what you'd prefer. @Tooky61, Thanks for letting us know. I can check your account as well. Can you send me a private message with your first and last name? 

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

There is nothing wrong with our accounts.  Everything but Netflix and Acorn work fine just like they always have.  There is something wrong system wide with Xfinity.  Comcast needs to get their head out of the sand and figure this out.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I too am having the same issue with Netflix. It has probably been about 3 weeks. It is only occurring on the main DVR box that we have. Amazon video, On Demand etc are all working fine it’s just Netflix

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

It's been happening for me ever since I got the service...about 2 months.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

The request for you to send us a private message is not necessarily indicative of there being an issue with your account. We can see in this thread that there are several people in different areas experiencing similar trouble with the Netflix app on the X1 DVR. It's more to allow us to look at the necessary diagnostics that can contribute to this type of problem, confirm whether or not those issues are present and if not, open a service request as needed in order to allow further research and tracking of this issue. Thank you.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. So do I need to do anything else to get help with this? Call for service? Open a ticket? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

If you sent @ComcastChe a private message, she will help you out from there. Thank you. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastChe- I went to a store to try and exchange for a 4k dvr but was told a technician had to come because a code had to be entered to activate it.

Does this sound right to you?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, Bill2489. These boxes can be self installed. When we ship the box out, the code will be placed onto your account at that time. Did you try switching out the box at a service center? They don't always have them on inventory, it can be limited. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here