Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

The 4k box is nice, even if you don't have 4k. its more responsive. The menus work faster.  Netflix app loads way faster.  Its just a better box imo

Problem Solver

• 

538 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

We are very pleased to hear that, Orampc. We're glad to hear about your positive experiences with us and we'll be happy to continue assisting you with your needs/concerns here going forward as well. 🙂

Pfrwatlans ~ Right now, we are still opening requests for further investigation. There is no firmware fix I have been made aware of coming down the pipeline just yet.

Morgan,

I've seen the issue as well. Since others have upgraded the equipment in order to fix the problem, does this mean previous box models are underpowered to handle the processing of streaming media? Has anyone in comcast labs ben able to confirm the stutter by running a test on one of the boxes? I figure that's the only way for them to see what the customer is reporting.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

I also agree

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

I agree Zuma.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

In the requests, we're able to notate what steps you've already completed. As far as duplicating the issue goes, I (and many other colleagues in various areas of the US) have tested the Netflix app through the X1 DVR box and we are not able to duplicate the issue. This is why we're emphasizing the importance of opening the request so we can see where exactly the trend is stemming from, why that is, and formulate a plan to fix it. 

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Please tell us how to open a request. It is not evident. Thank you.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

How does one "open the request"?

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

@Discovery77 wrote:

I've been experiencing Netflix stutter ONLY on my X1 DVR in just the past few weeks. It plays fine on my non-DVR boxes. Has there been any progress on a remedy. ("No known issues" no longer works as this ever-expanding string clearly demonstrates.)

So far the one fix is to get the 4k DVR.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I've been experiencing Netflix stutter ONLY on my X1 DVR in just the past few weeks. It plays fine on my non-DVR boxes. Has there been any progress on a remedy. ("No known issues" no longer works as this ever-expanding string clearly demonstrates.)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, Tooky61. Right now we are tracking this issue by opening up requests, but we do appreciate your suggestion. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

To open a request, you will need to send me a private message with your name so I can open it for you.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

I would request that this issue be looked into at the very least when rolling out the new Amazon Prime app.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

The Amazon Prime app was on my box. It ran smooth for an episode of Man In The High Castle. Netflix unfortunately still does not run smooth.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

Yep me too.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I too notice this issue in the last month, did not notice this issue earlier this year. Located in San Jose, CA. When can we expect a resolution to this problem?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here