U

Wednesday, September 11th, 2024 10:35 PM

Netflix app not loading on x1

We have the X1 box and for the past several months the Netflix app just doesn't load.  I click it, it briefly shows that "you're entering a third-party app" screen and then it just doesn't load, and brings me back to the page of all the apps.  We have tried every single solution we can find on this forum, including resetting Netflix, doing a system refresh, clearing the local data, unplugging the x1 box, and nothing works.  We have also called Xfinity 3 times, and no one up to and including a supervisor knows what to do.  There appear to be many people with this same exact issue, but any other solutions that have worked?

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

7 days ago

Greetings, user_4ret! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reach out about Netflix not loading properly. I appreciate all of the steps you tried. Those were all great and exactly what we recommend. I have helped with this same type of issue a few times. What I see most often when the troubleshooting steps don't help, is that the TV box needs to be upgraded or replaced. Our early Primary X1 boxes (some have the clocks on the front) do not have as good of an internet connection in them to support the apps. There were not many apps out at that time so things look much different today. Our newer boxes are built to support the apps and have a more powerful internal modem. Have you replaced or upgraded the TV box in the last year or two? 

2 Messages

It looks like we have the Pace and Cisco XiD X1 box, and I believe its on the newer end.  Can you confirm if that model is one of the newer boxes?

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

Yes that should be the most current equipment that we provide.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@XfinityThomasD​ 

9/20/24

Went to Netflix app today. Got a blank screen. What's up with this???

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here